Defining the sexpat.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Re: Defining the sexpat.

Post by Khmu Nation »

I was lead to believe 'socially acceptable' is half your age + 7.

e.g. your 60 so 37 and older is fine.

Kind of makes sense.

But I don't care. Provided the woman is over 18 and being treated well its not my business.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 am i think a sexpat is someone who walks around the riverside area with a chick 30 yrs younger than himself wether its a one night stand,a holiday relationship or a marrige.
What utter rot! Pieman, you really need a complete reset.

While labels may be fraught with error, surely as a general point of view-

A sexpat, the term which in itself does not convey anything pleasant, is going to be that character that is going someplace else, with a simple prime target- sex. It may not even be hetero. No meaningful interaction, no empathy, no desire to understand the differences socially. A simple base gratification, sought in another place
We see the sort, fortunately not too frequently, turn up on this forum. Signed up, opening salvo- where’s best to get a shag? As if the only reason for CEO to exist is to be a beacon for such behaviour, and the only reason for Asia is to supply the meat.
That seems to me to be the sexpat.

You might argue that they are simply following the natural biological imperative to procreate. I think not. It’s a perversion of that imperative. Not the perversion where someone likes to lie down with a golf ball in a gag, and get whipped by ms Whiplash. The type of perversion that has something going awry. In the case of many males, and there are a few people who frequent these boards who express similar kinds of views, there seems to be some misogyny involved. As if females have become something to despise, and deserve what they get.

At a very base level, the Sexpat’s one and only guiding motive is that shag and the next, and I believe one danger is that like other drugs, the hit becomes less and so the excesses they seek for the same feeling become more extreme.

The guy who goes on holiday, and hooks up with a pretty girl for a week and leaves all other issues to fade, even for a short time, is not in that select group. Quite likely the girl herself is doing something similar- just for a short time setting aside some aspect of ‘normal’ life to feel a little better about life. Who are any of us to judge? But at the same time, there might well be a fine line not so easily recognised, but we should try to avoid crossing it.

Sadly, there are far too many people like pieman*; so quick to pass such flawed judgment. I suspect what drives them has become as equally misguided.

* (I thought you were very different when I met you- what went wrong? It’s rhetorical, as you’d need some introspection and self respect to be able to answer)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

sex tourist yeah, self explanatory
sexpats tho... expats gotta shag too man, give a guy a break
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:28 pm sex tourist yeah, self explanatory
hahaha, don't take "sexpat" comments personal Lambo :lol:
Still here, in country...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ravensnest wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:32 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:28 pm sex tourist yeah, self explanatory
hahaha, don't take "sexpat" comments personal Lambo :lol:
:plus1: :beer3:

haha :D i fucked in England and i fuck here too, people fuck, it happens :shock:

on a serious note though, dont get me wrong, i think the term is more aimed at the dirty sleazebags you find out here, often retirees, ive met more than a few, fucking creeps

but to the older retired gents that have moved out here and being able to get their end away again, fair play to em :bow:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

A sexpat is a derogatory term for an expat who's chosen a certain country to live in because of ease of getting sex. In the same way as sex tourist would travel to certain countries for easy sex.
Are these people harming/ abusing local culture, or are they embracing it/ being encouraged ? These are good moral questions and it's surely boils down to the behaviour of how these people conduct themselves, within the traditional Cultures of their chosen Country.

One must also be careful with these terms because they might sound discriminating against people's freedoms of choice. Either what they are doing is legal or it isn't. The rest of people's opinions are probably just baseless judgemental mutterings based upon a variety of moral ideologies.
There is certainly quite a few of these people in Cambodia. I met a few, and as much as it isn't my cup of tea, I say live and let live as long as they conduct their business with Adults in a fair manner that is mutually agreed and benefits both.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 am
PIEMAN wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 am i think a sexpat is someone who walks around the riverside area with a chick 30 yrs younger than himself wether its a one night stand,a holiday relationship or a marrige.
What utter rot! Pieman, you really need a complete reset.

While labels may be fraught with error, surely as a general point of view-

A sexpat, the term which in itself does not convey anything pleasant, is going to be that character that is going someplace else, with a simple prime target- sex. It may not even be hetero. No meaningful interaction, no empathy, no desire to understand the differences socially. A simple base gratification, sought in another place
We see the sort, fortunately not too frequently, turn up on this forum. Signed up, opening salvo- where’s best to get a shag? As if the only reason for CEO to exist is to be a beacon for such behaviour, and the only reason for Asia is to supply the meat.
That seems to me to be the sexpat.

You might argue that they are simply following the natural biological imperative to procreate. I think not. It’s a perversion of that imperative. Not the perversion where someone likes to lie down with a golf ball in a gag, and get whipped by ms Whiplash. The type of perversion that has something going awry. In the case of many males, and there are a few people who frequent these boards who express similar kinds of views, there seems to be some misogyny involved. As if females have become something to despise, and deserve what they get.

At a very base level, the Sexpat’s one and only guiding motive is that shag and the next, and I believe one danger is that like other drugs, the hit becomes less and so the excesses they seek for the same feeling become more extreme.

The guy who goes on holiday, and hooks up with a pretty girl for a week and leaves all other issues to fade, even for a short time, is not in that select group. Quite likely the girl herself is doing something similar- just for a short time setting aside some aspect of ‘normal’ life to feel a little better about life. Who are any of us to judge? But at the same time, there might well be a fine line not so easily recognised, but we should try to avoid crossing it.

Sadly, there are far too many people like pieman*; so quick to pass such flawed judgment. I suspect what drives them has become as equally misguided.

* (I thought you were very different when I met you- what went wrong? It’s rhetorical, as you’d need some introspection and self respect to be able to answer)
Freight, that was a quite brilliant post. By the man of pies definition, I (not quite a 30 year age gap) and many of my good friends are sexpats. A label that I (and I am sure they) will utterly refute. My earlier post concurs, and I for one am glad to have met my new partner in Cambodia, and live a life of mutual respect. We've been open about everything, and she understands that in later life, I may become a bit of a burden for her, but is accepting of that.

I also accept that her being with me gives her a certain security that might play part of the partnership, however with eyes wide open, I accept that this may also be partly true. In a number of years, I/we have never needed to tend to a sick buffalo, a sick relative, a fallow harvest or any of the other things that we have all heard of. My lady is the conduit, and she tells me when the family come hawking for money. She is also the same one that tells them that it is not for me to fund the extended family.

So if all of these things define me as a sexpat, based on Pieman's logic, then I'm guilty as charged.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

I spent twenty years living in Jakarta, seventeen of them married to a Sundanese, or West Javanese, lady. Everywhere we walked or went in Jakarta, we would be greeted by disdaining looks from the locals
How much paying her for the day ?
She must be whore.
He must be sexpat.
We even went to Bali at one time to Padangbai, one of my favourite spots on the the island from my travels there, and a place where I knew many locals well. None of them believed that she was my wife.
How much her for your trip to Bali ?
Sexpat is a label that is misplaced for most of us. Yeah, there are many in Indonesia, and many more so in Phnom Penh where I have lived for the last two and a half years,but in the eyes of certain fools it is just a label.
Like black, white, gay , straight, tory, left-wing, republican, democrat.
It’s a brave new world folks.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Theres one guy on Pattaya addicts,( private section) posts lots of his GF'f's photos, (an he is good at it) posts on the Cambodian forum about his Cambodian gf's an as soon as she is out of the country, (on visa runs back to PP) he is in the bar within a few hours looking for another fix. This is like 3rd or 4th gf
he is only about 51 and has $$$
I'd call him a Sexpat, he is in Thailand so he can get laid easily. Tried living in PP but couldn't handle it.

All it takes to be a sexpat is a thirst that cant be quenched and $$$

bobsboots; I know 2 guys here married to balinese lades, they tried to live in Bali but, as stated perfectly, they never ever were accepted as being married, so left, they are happy here in Phuket
No idea why you stuck it out so long...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic