British PETER WELLS Detained for No Visa After Menacing Schoolkids

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British PETER WELLS Detained for No Visa After Menacing Schoolkids

Post by LIVIDZX »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:51 pm There's videos of this guy going around Siam ream with his large stick demanding cash from all ages of people and getting aggro when denied.
There might well be and no one could condone that sort of behaviour, however when he has a bit of money behind him he's generally a top bloke & a good drinking buddy.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

LIVIDZX wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:26 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:51 pm There's videos of this guy going around Siam ream with his large stick demanding cash from all ages of people and getting aggro when denied.
There might well be and no one could condone that sort of behaviour, however when he has a bit of money behind him he's generally a top bloke & a good drinking buddy.
Check the C.E.O News post two after mine. It links to a clip from one such video.

Anyhow I don't know the fellow and this psychotic behavior could stem from many things, not all necessarily self inflicted. Hopefully he gets sorted.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:07 pm
Mishmash wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:54 am Well he's most satisfyingly gone.....

what the hell have you been eating Mish?
An oven full of PIEMANS pies by the looks of it, ... :shock: :shock:
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

This probably ain't the best place to come on your own with MH issues, his brother needs to get over here and take him back to UK ASAP.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

damn that toilet gif is nasty.... :bad:
LIVIDZX wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:26 pm
he's generally a top bloke & a good drinking buddy.
ya, because that's when shit really starts popping off.
Still here, in country...
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

LIVIDZX wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:26 pm There might well be and no one could condone that sort of behaviour, however when he has a bit of money behind him he's generally a top bloke & a good drinking buddy.
well you could have helped this top bloke out when he was in the penh sleeping rough and attacking innocent people.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
RobinHood
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by RobinHood »

This is pathetic in the true sense of the word-it would be bad enough doing this in a Western 'developed' country,but behaving like this in the KOW is beyond the pale. It gives fellow Brits a bad name.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

there was a massive thread on fbook on one off the pp sites about this geezer,showed him hitting a guy sat outside a mini mart.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

xandreu wrote:As much as we like to make generalisations about our hosts out here, I'm sure they make generalisations about us, and this kind of thing really doesn't help.
On the other side of the looking glass, the “hosts” do not have high opinions of “us”. Villagers work in Temple Town, and word gets around. Family was initially shocked that I wasn’t a rapey, cheap Charlie, ultra violent, foul-mouthed, raggedy looking, drunkard.

In fact the whole village came out to view the “barang” who didn’t fit their expectations. And they still come out in disbelief every time I’m obligated to go.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I know i am a dreamer, but i still can't help thinking that it would be better for everybody
locals, expats, "the fallen" and the consulates
if there was better liaison between the local expat community and the consulates - to facilitate earlier intervention, and best response for each situation. The longer these cases are left, the more the problem compounds for everybody.
Especially for the mental health cases.
I am not talking about "respectable behaviour" cops for the wilfully indigent. although some of those could do with a little help too.
??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic