Tourist VISA on arrival now $30.usd?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
NokTang
Expatriate

Re: Tourist VISA on arrival now $30.usd?

Post by NokTang »

General Mackevili wrote:
NokTang wrote:I do know, to help my own question, the "Business VISA" isn't available at all(if any?) land border crossings.
Since when? I've gotten them at the Poipet border crossing and at the Koh Kong border crossing.

Which borders are you talking about and what makes you think they're not available?
Okay, I'll check now. Maybe I was confusing the eVisa options with the border crossings. No business VISA's using eVisa I do know from a couple days ago....
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

NokTang wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
NokTang wrote:I do know, to help my own question, the "Business VISA" isn't available at all(if any?) land border crossings.
Since when? I've gotten them at the Poipet border crossing and at the Koh Kong border crossing.

Which borders are you talking about and what makes you think they're not available?
Okay, I'll check now. Maybe I was confusing the eVisa options with the border crossings. No business VISA's using eVisa I do know from a couple days ago....
Just looked at canby, they indicate you are correct. However, I recall specifically in PoiPet being told they weren't available. Butt, I was told this by my tout if memory serves. We should be governed by your experiences and say they are available if you are there in person and do it yourself I guess. Other than PoiPet and Koh Kong, I have no knowledge. It's never really matter to me but I do recall at least once being led like a sheep to get fleeced. Paid the tout 1200.baht after he wanted 1500.baht for window service, limited waiting. The line was very long.

I've also been stuck in line returning to Thailand via PoiPet. I mean like a two hour wait to enter Thailand. This midday. I swore I'd never go that route again.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

NokTang wrote:... I recall specifically in PoiPet being told they weren't available. Butt, I was told this by my tout if memory serves...
Yes, it's really annoying, but they're available.

They have even made me doubt myself, but I just had to remember that they are scam artists and will say ANYTHING to get you to buy the visa from them.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic