Clean Cut US Overstayer Crumbles

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Clean Cut US Overstayer Crumbles

Post by Mishmash »

The Administrative Burden and Prohibitive Costs in Cambodia proved too much for the guy.

Grist for the mill.

RIOS ANDEW NICHOLAS, 32 year old male, American, arrived at the Police Bureau's Office of Immigration Investigation and Procedure to ask authorities to help him because..... blah blah

Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Clean Cut US Overstayer Crumbles

Post by Clemen »

Mish, do you have knowledge of this? Did he really rock up and say "send me home, I blew it all on hookers"?
I have wondered about all the barangs who "turn themselves in to immigration for the legal proceedings".
Can you shed any light on this?
up to you...
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Clemen wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:57 pm Mish, do you have knowledge of this? Did he really rock up and say "send me home, I blew it all on hookers"?
I have wondered about all the barangs who "turn themselves in to immigration for the legal proceedings".
Can you shed any light on this?
Eternal CEO mystery.

Posters here have posited - he is caught in a sweep, or somehow or other caused a bit of trouble, became a nuisance sufficient for the competents to act

Other posters suggest this is the only route because no-one will listen their bullshit anymore and help them out of their poor lifestyle choices.

It could be an escape route from drug pushers wanting their tab paid.

Probably the Embassies suggest this route, as a stop gap.

I doubt this guy met the hookers - he still has a shirt and a suitcase. :beer3:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Yeah, 'pretty much sums up most of it, Mish ^^^, probably.

There may be the odd case - like this guy possibly - that is a little bit more optimistic about his chances working out, than his ability to make that happen.
Pushes on a bit too long, hoping hoping, and then finally faces up to the facts a bit too late. ??

Good to see someone dressing to basic local standards anyway.
That's a flocking rare thing in some expats circles.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

You had posted it, so I thought it was your source. Just thought you might have more info.
He is well dressed for showing up at "the legal proceedings".
Hope he finds his way back home soon
up to you...
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

better he hands himself in when he has good health,not joined the riverside dropouts,fair play to the lad.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:29 pm Good to see someone dressing to basic local standards anyway.
Doesn't tuck in a dress shirt though.
:(
You could be next.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Clemen wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:29 pm He is well dressed for showing up at "the legal proceedings".
That is dressing for court in the West, Clemen.
It's bog standard basic in Cambodia. I try to dress to this same standard of a good Tuk Tuk driver or lowly Khmer country school teacher eg, every day i go out in Phnom Penh. As a mark of respect for Cambodians, as well as myself.
Gets you places in local's minds too - a very different response to when i wear even my best resort wear.

eg, look at the immigration guys, he's getting respect of a kind you very rarely see in these photo's.
and that is at least due in part to his dress code. for sure.

:stir:

(ps, amongst all my dross, that ^^ thought may be the best, or only, pearl i have ever dropped for some of you guys to think about picking up.)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:22 am
Clemen wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:29 pm He is well dressed for showing up at "the legal proceedings".
It's bog standard basic in Cambodia. I try to dress to this same standard of a good Tuk Tuk driver or lowly Khmer country school teacher eg, every day i go out in Phnom Penh. As a mark of respect for Cambodians, as well as myself.
Gets you places in local's minds too - a very different response to when i wear even my best resort wear.

eg, look at the immigration guys, he's getting respect of a kind you very rarely see in these photo's.

(ps, amongst all my dross, that ^^ thought may be the best, or only, pearl i have ever dropped for some of you guys to think about picking up.)
Something I learnt at an early stage of my life, taught to me by my uncle.

Dress properly in clean clothes. Then putting his hand on my head , chin , shoulders, tummy, etc would say.

Head up.
Eyes looking forward.
Chin up.
Shoulders back.
Chest out.
Tummy in.
Bum in.
Now walk proudly as if you are someone important.

Many times I have walked through troubled areas, roadblocks etc, and even just metres from HE and these lessons always go through my mind beforehand.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Duncan wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:21 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:22 am

Something I learnt at an early stage of my life, taught to me by my uncle.

Dress properly in clean clothes. Then putting his hand on my head , chin , shoulders, tummy, etc would say.

Head up.
Eyes looking forward.
Chin up.
Shoulders back.
Chest out.
Tummy in.
Bum in.
Now walk proudly as if you are someone important.

Many times I have walked through troubled areas, roadblocks etc, and even just metres from HE and these lessons always go through my mind beforehand.
You forgot pick up your feet!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic