Foreigner getting Cambodian clean record doc

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
timmyl
Tourist
United States of America

Foreigner getting Cambodian clean record doc

Post by timmyl »

I need to get a document from the police here that essentially says I have no criminal record in Cambodia. I would like some help from anyone on how to go about doing this:

* Where do I go?
* What other documents do I need?
* How expensive is it?

I've been in Cambodia for about 8 years, the last 6 being consecutively if that matters.
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner getting Cambodian clean record doc

Post by Pedroviera »

timmyl wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:31 pm I need to get a document from the police here that essentially says I have no criminal record in Cambodia. I would like some help from anyone on how to go about doing this:

* Where do I go?
* How expensive is it?

I've been in Cambodia for about 8 years, the last 6 being consecutively if that matters.
timmyl have you had any luck finding where to get police clearance document in Cambodia ? I couldn't find info either. Anyone tips appreciated
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Pedroviera wrote:
timmyl wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:31 pm I need to get a document from the police here that essentially says I have no criminal record in Cambodia. I would like some help from anyone on how to go about doing this:

* Where do I go?
* How expensive is it?

timmyl have you had any luck finding where to get police clearance document in Cambodia ? I couldn't find info either. Anyone tips appreciated
Ministry of Justice issue police checks. Riverside, south of the palace. You'll need various documents, including a residency certificate from your sangkat.
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Pedroviera »

ministry of justice in phnom Penh only location to get document in 2020?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Step 1:
Go to your local district office, they need to issue a residency letter. This letter has to be according to the guidelines from the MoJ (which most are not).

Step 2:
Go to the ministry of Justice (riverside, next to palace) and apply for a criminal record form. Bring the residency letter, your passport, a bunch of photos and a stack of cash. You can choose for a form in Khmer or English. Please note it's validity is only three months from the date of issue (and that's NOT the date your receive it).

Stuck in step one or two, call 012-584613 (Kim Luch), she works there and can provide you or the district office with the correct info, or can guide you to the correct person.
Last edited by Kammekor on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Pedroviera wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:21 am ministry of justice in phnom Penh only location to get document in 2020?
Yes.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I need police clearance but
a) not in country
b) no longer have the leases/sangkat letters
c) can only point to spot on google maps to say 'that was where I lived and was registered with sangkat'
d) have some gaps in sangkat residency registration

I knew about this while in the country and was trying to get everything in order but chose to leave suddenly for personal reasons - leaving this all up in the air. If I can show I have attempted to get the clearance and failed to get it that may be accepted by immigration here. Not sure how to attempt it and fail though. (petty sure I won't attempt and succeed as I'm not in the country and won't be forking out large sums of money to succeed)
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Contact the number and ask what’s possible.... maybe more than you think, but it’ll come at a price.

Edit: you can contact using Line too.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

violet wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:54 am I need police clearance but
a) not in country
b) no longer have the leases/sangkat letters
c) can only point to spot on google maps to say 'that was where I lived and was registered with sangkat'
d) have some gaps in sangkat residency registration

I knew about this while in the country and was trying to get everything in order but chose to leave suddenly for personal reasons - leaving this all up in the air. If I can show I have attempted to get the clearance and failed to get it that may be accepted by immigration here. Not sure how to attempt it and fail though. (petty sure I won't attempt and succeed as I'm not in the country and won't be forking out large sums of money to succeed)
The link I posted above might be more helpful for you. Or, might not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic