Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

A step back.

I think that is rather restrained, it shows his regal breeding.
the average commoner would be running at a million miles an hour
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

They get stripped of their titles and they will pay for the renovations to Frogmore Cottage.

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Looks pretty clear cut.
Bravo! good escape - no guards killed.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

It was only a matter of time before Thomas Markle cashed in on Megxit

In an interview for an upcoming television documentary, the Duchess of Sussex's estranged father threw fuel on a bonfire by claiming the young couple's split from the royal family was "destroying" and "cheapening" the monarchy.

"They're turning it into a Walmart with a crown on it," the 75-year-old said from his home in Mexico.

"She actually got every girl's dream. Every young girl wanted to become a princess and she got that. Now it looks like she's tossing that away for money. It's kind of embarrassing."
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:26 pm They get stripped of their titles and they will pay for the renovations to Frogmore Cottage.

They lose their HRH status and all the military positions.

They lose all public funding.

They have to repay £2.5 million for the house refurb on Windsor estate.

The go away and stay away, no 6 months here and 6 months there nonsense they first suggested when this story broke. In or out, and they chose out. Brave call.

They will get full security but HMG really has no choice at this juncture. However 'full security' works both ways; HMG can keep tabs on them and find out what they are really up to. And, in the future, if they go around boasting that they are now worth $50 million, they can be presented will a huge bill.

They can flog themselves to the highest bidder - sorry - engage in commercial activities.

They get to pay lots of lovely Canadian taxes. 50% is the upper rate I think. And her being American gets to pay it on her worldwide income too. They wont like that. And they better not fuck the IRS around, they have a reputation of not taking prisoners.

Not a bad deal for The Royal Family, remove, banish and gloss over.

UPDATE...

They are breaking the deal already. This is their website as of TODAY, still referring to themselves as "Their Royal Highnesses".

YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

All Harry has to do to stop all the abuse and negative press from the media is really quite simple..........Change you name to ....Prince Andrew,,,Sorted. ;-) ;-)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Oh dear, now Megsy's in trouble with her brother..

Meghan Markle's estranged brother, Thomas Markle Jr., says she is the reason he became homeless and can't find a job

Thomas Markle Jr., who has not spoken to Meghan since before her royal wedding in 2018, said that “being associated” with her “nearly destroyed” him.

“I am homeless and could have been under a bridge with a cardboard sign begging for money, but thankfully my mum has taken me in,” he told the Australian magazine New Idea.

The Australian magazine described him as saying he had lost jobs and now “can’t get a new one because of the notoriety of being related to the duchess.”

He told New Idea that he was considering changing his surname to escape the Markle “curse.”

He added that “Meghan could have helped me or got someone else at the palace to do so.”

It’s worth noting there could be other factors involved other than his association with his sister.

Markle Jr. was arrested in Oregon in January 2019 on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, the Daily Mail reported. A police log obtained by the Mail said he was “visibly intoxicated” when he was pulled over.

He was also arrested in 2017, accused of holding a gun to a woman’s head during a drunken argument, The Sun reported.

Full story: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/megh ... yed-2020-3
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:32 pm Oh dear, now Megsy's in trouble with her brother..

Meghan Markle's estranged brother, Thomas Markle Jr., says she is the reason he became homeless and can't find a job

Thomas Markle Jr., who has not spoken to Meghan since before her royal wedding in 2018, said that “being associated” with her “nearly destroyed” him.

“I am homeless and could have been under a bridge with a cardboard sign begging for money, but thankfully my mum has taken me in,” he told the Australian magazine New Idea.

The Australian magazine described him as saying he had lost jobs and now “can’t get a new one because of the notoriety of being related to the duchess.”

He told New Idea that he was considering changing his surname to escape the Markle “curse.”

He added that “Meghan could have helped me or got someone else at the palace to do so.”

It’s worth noting there could be other factors involved other than his association with his sister.

Markle Jr. was arrested in Oregon in January 2019 on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, the Daily Mail reported. A police log obtained by the Mail said he was “visibly intoxicated” when he was pulled over.

He was also arrested in 2017, accused of holding a gun to a woman’s head during a drunken argument, The Sun reported.

Full story: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/megh ... yed-2020-3
The caucasian members of her extended family are a wonderful bunch. What is the saying? You can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives? Scumbags.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Quote ]

He's so stupid he does not even know how to make an appointment with the Queen.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

It's the living proof that we all have "special" members in every family.

Thomas Markle Jr slams Meghan: ‘I’m homeless’
02 Mar 2020
Meghan Markle’s brother Thomas Markle Jr. has lashed out at his sister after revealing he’s homeless and has split up with his fiancé.
“Being associated with Meghan has nearly destroyed me,” the 53-year-old tells New Idea.

He claims he has lost jobs and can’t get a new one because of the notoriety of being related to the duchess, and says he is considering changing his surname to escape its ‘curse’.

Glazier Tom reveals that over the past year he’s been suffering from depression. In the past he has also admitted to having an alcohol problem and has been arrested on domestic violence charges after threatening partner Darlene Blount, 39, with a gun.

Tom is now living with his mum Roslyn at her small apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Exclusive from New Idea, Australian tabloid.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic