$10 - All-You-Can-Eat-Steak - Bar 21 near Bassac Lane

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: $10 - All-You-Can-Eat-Steak - Bar 21 near Bassac Lane

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:08 pm
King Keil wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:04 pm Man Brody you really don't get a joke.
Whoosh!
Yeah, clearly........my bad. Upon reflection that was undoubtedly a phantasmagorical twist of phrase and a hilarious joke!

Well done! :thumb:

Here it is again, for posterity.
King Keil wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 pm I don't go to places with many teachers, lol.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

My "Whoosh!" was directed toward K.K due to your previous post going you know where. . .
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

It's a restaurant that someone has liked and so passed it on to us members
Can't some of you go anywhere unless there's whores available
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

atst wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 pm Can't some of you go anywhere unless there's whores available
There are restaurants with whores available? Color me there! :thumb:

In all seriousness atst, and speaking only for myself, yes I can go to a restaurant that doesn't offer whores...........but, 3rd tier TEFL jobbers? No fucking way. I won't be seen with that kind of riffraff whilst noshing a signature flambe and quaffing an artisan hoppy brew.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Brody wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:25 pm
atst wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 pm Can't some of you go anywhere unless there's whores available
There are restaurants with whores available? Color me there! :thumb:

In all seriousness atst, and speaking only for myself, yes I can go to a restaurant that doesn't offer whores...........but, 3rd tier TEFL jobbers? No fucking way. I won't be seen with that kind of riffraff whilst noshing a signature flambe and quaffing an artisan hoppy brew.
Tend to agree with your choice of company , I wouldn't go as I don't think I could sit down to kilos off steak anymore, once you've eaten one steak the next 3 would be just painful.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Hmm, I buy whores by the kilo but I find the more I pay, the more I get. Am I doing it wrong?
up to you...
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Brody wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:06 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:23 am They seemed like teachers in possibly the top tier schools or 2nd tier schools
Definitely not 3rd tier though?

Jesus mate, how would you even possibly know that by looking at someone.

I'd be careful to not to assume too much about people based on your own preconceived notions, beliefs and prejudices.

It'd be like reading your username, BklyBoy (Brooklyn), seeing your avatar (bagel) and making the knee-jerk assumption that you're a jew without knowing anything about you.

"Oh look, young twenty somethings...on ballsack lane......they're wearing ties......I know, TEFL jobbers! Wait, those ties look expensive and nice.......they have leather shoes......must be top tier TEFL jobbers."

See what I mean? Not cool. Bad things happen when people start down roads like that.
King Keil wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 pm I don't go to places with many teachers, lol.
And another one......when you dine out, do you have each patron submit to a quick questionnaire? How would you even know what their profession is?

I'm not a teacher either but find it troubling the extent that some people need to have some sub-sect of their environment to look down on and mock.

I don't give a rats ass if the person I'm eating next to is a TEFL jobber or not.....even 1st tier.......but it is probably safe to say that I wouldn't want to be eating next to you two judgmental tossers.

FFS man.
your correct @Brody i am wrong to make the knee jerk reactions and says more about me then them.. so i agree with you
regarding me..and your comments.. ur actually spot on..so see it does work sometimes... lol...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

atst wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 pm It's a restaurant that someone has liked and so passed it on to us members
Given a choice? :beer3:

Whores is a bit strong describing delightful ladies to grace our company.

It seems a good place, no trouble, good food, beer, clean, reasonably priced.

The babe factor is relevant as if it is popular with females (not skanks) then we can be sure it's actually the real deal.

I'm going with my wife, my friends and their wives.

Thanks to the OP
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Mishmash wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:24 am
atst wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 pm It's a restaurant that someone has liked and so passed it on to us members
Given a choice? :beer3:

Whores is a bit strong describing delightful ladies to grace our company.

It seems a good place, no trouble, good food, beer, clean, reasonably priced.

The babe factor is relevant as if it is popular with females (not skanks) then we can be sure it's actually the real deal.

I'm going with my wife, my friends and their wives.

Thanks to the OP
You're welcome...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

…..UPDATE.....

Went there last night, very very busy, often queueing at the bbq.

But, sadly, the meat was terrible, nearly all pieces really tough. There were few, if any, thick bits, mostly cut too thin and the guy was overcooking them so by the time they were cut open they were either medium-well to well done. That's too much for any steak, especially rump.

It will get one more go, but if it's like this next time it's gonna be the last time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic