Humans have over run the world

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Humans have over run the world

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Joker Poker wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:57 pm Can't even go to the moon without faking it.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:55 pm
Joker Poker wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:21 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:24 am Elon Musk says he plans to send 1 million people to Mars by 2050 by launching 3 Starship rockets every day and creating 'a lot of jobs' on the red planet

“Needs to be such that anyone can go if they want, with loans available for those who don’t have money,” Musk wrote.

Not enough to convince you to leave Earth behind?

“There will be a lot of jobs on Mars!” he added.

“Helping to pay for this is why I’m accumulating assets on Earth,” Musk tweeted on Thursday.
Cue CGI employees - you guys are going to be busy...
Loans? And when they don't pay are you going to send debt collectors to recover? "Goons in Space - The Movie"

Does this guy actually believe his bullshit?
Well, they could also be indentured workers...sorta like those convicts in Chinaville.. that if they work there for a period of time they will gain their freedom. =@
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

He got more honest as time wore on:

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Clemen wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:02 pm
http://vimeo.com/
It worked for Ahhnold, cuz of the alien oxygen generators, but maybe it was just a psychotic episode. Still, he became governor, not bad for an Austrian ex juicer.
The best thing about Musk is he names the drones after Iain m Banks ships.
Just read the instructions, of course I still love you, and a shortfall of gravitas

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:26 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:55 pm
Joker Poker wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:21 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:24 am Elon Musk says he plans to send 1 million people to Mars by 2050 by launching 3 Starship rockets every day and creating 'a lot of jobs' on the red planet

“Needs to be such that anyone can go if they want, with loans available for those who don’t have money,” Musk wrote.

Not enough to convince you to leave Earth behind?

“There will be a lot of jobs on Mars!” he added.

“Helping to pay for this is why I’m accumulating assets on Earth,” Musk tweeted on Thursday.
Cue CGI employees - you guys are going to be busy...
Loans? And when they don't pay are you going to send debt collectors to recover? "Goons in Space - The Movie"

Does this guy actually believe his bullshit?
Well, they could also be indentured workers...sorta like those convicts in Chinaville.. that if they work there for a period of time they will gain their freedom. =@
Indentured servitude? Wasn't that popular in the US in about 1700?
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

More honest? Sounds like poor Buzz is losing the plot, not denying a moon landing. He has been one of the biggest space travel boosters for decades. Trying to portray him as reversing his stance based on this video is disingenuous at the least, as you well know. Now put your tinfoil hat back on and return to mother's basement.

Johnny
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Gee, Attenborough is 93 and I sense from his trailer that he's a still a glass half full guy and he believes there is still time to turn things around for nature and the earth. Guess we will have to wait for the movie where he will explain the 'how'... Will it be his swan song?

I have no doubt there is a 'how' but the vital question in my mind is: is there the will and unity amongst nations to tackle it collectively such that it is viable? If not, I fear future generations will struggle with the environment..and then perhaps more drastic solutions might be needed like those canvassed in this thread.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

johnny lightning wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:45 pm More honest? Sounds like poor Buzz is losing the plot, not denying a moon landing. He has been one of the biggest space travel boosters for decades. Trying to portray him as reversing his stance based on this video is disingenuous at the least, as you well know. Now put your tinfoil hat back on and return to mother's basement.

Johnny
If you really believe all that you are entitled to, of course, but don't let the truth get in the way. To label people that hold alternate views to yours as 'tin foil hat' is a bit low, are you a holy man or something?

Buzz said it, and I think he was, at last, being honest.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Joker Poker wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:05 pm Buzz said it, and I think he was, at last, being honest.
wow, really?
he clearly said 'we didn't go there' in the context of 'we didn't go back there' for 50-odd years
it was in no way an admission
indeed he seems angry the program was cancelled

but think what you want
if that is the right word for letting conspiracy memes usurp you
you won't have any impact on progress

monstra mihi bona!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:30 pm
Joker Poker wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:05 pm Buzz said it, and I think he was, at last, being honest.
wow, really?
he clearly said 'we didn't go there' in the context of 'we didn't go back there' for 50-odd years
it was in no way an admission
indeed he seems angry the program was cancelled

but think what you want
if that is the right word for letting conspiracy memes usurp you
you won't have any impact on progress
Maybe you need to listen to the video again. He very clearly says they didn't go - watch the old NASA videos - golly, if you can't see that they faked it, then you are making a choice to ignore the evidence.

I've no idea what your last paragraph is about, but I bet you've not researched the faking of Spacex.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic