Man Shoots Medical Student Girlfriend to Death in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man Shoots Medical Student Girlfriend to Death in Phnom Penh

Post by Mishmash »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:48 pm Just got Mrs Cargo to have a look at the khmer video to try to find out the motive.

She says the guy was so jealous of the girl coz she got lots of calls about the cosmetics/lotions she was selling part time and some of those callers were guys..and he mistakenly thought she had other boyfriends/men admirers..
She probably had many male admirers.

It's a sad loss to Cambodia.

Keep your eyes peeled for this murderer.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:49 pm Brigade 70
Spoiler:
i didn't say nuthin'
Teaser...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:02 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:49 pm Brigade 70
Spoiler:
i didn't say nuthin'
Teaser...
Spoiler:
Surviver!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:26 pm You know Cambodia... They like fancy titles and big degrees.
Yeah,

Though Mish.......I do appreciate your positivity and exuberance for Cambodia and it's people. It really comes through in many of your posts :thumb:

After living here for over a decade I've become quite disdainful and overly critical of the Country in which I am a guest. Sure they're not up to western standards in a lot of ways but they're trying and making an effort to improve. Step by step as they say.

I like your good attitude Mish and I hope it rubs off on me and re-cages my own perceptions, expectations and ego.

Oh to be the doe-eyed newb again, just stepping off the plane, full of vim and vigor, lust and libation.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Brody wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:13 pm
Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:26 pm You know Cambodia... They like fancy titles and big degrees.
Yeah,

Though Mish.......I do appreciate your positivity and exuberance for Cambodia and it's people. It really comes through in many of your posts :thumb:

After living here for over a decade I've become quite disdainful and overly critical of the Country in which I am a guest. Sure they're not up to western standards in a lot of ways but they're trying and making an effort to improve. Step by step as they say.

I like your good attitude Mish and I hope it rubs off on me and re-cages my own perceptions, expectations and ego.

Oh to be the doe-eyed newb again, just stepping off the plane, full of vim and vigor, lust and libation.
I fuck up on a regular basis - daily in fact.

I was lucky I guess in working for HM at the NCTSF 2010 to 2013, and being assigned a trusty companion from that unit many years ago (seen in the photos I post).

As a friend and business partner I cannot fault him.

In addition, I met a nice lady on my first day here and took my chances.

I am infinitely grateful for her mercy and the fact of 2 children.

I had a good partnership in business with Eddy Tan Chee Kong and Terrasyss. Managed to turn it into a multi-million business together.

I have good suppliers and customers now for my own company A1 MEP Supply - enough to do the job, in spite of the lack of education here.

The people who I have helped over the years are middle income and above now.

I am surrounded by good people, civilians, businessmen/women, military and police.

The weakest link is me.

I wish I was a better person
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

The weakest link is me.

[/quote]
Mish, how many people have you murdered?
I could be wrong, but I think the answer is none.
up to you...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:48 pm
No Mish, you are perfect. Never met a better man.
In fact - you are my role model. for everything.
and so generous to your friends

Now, about borrowing your gun,
as i told you before, it's just for a fun night shooting out street lights in the quiet suburban part of town ..

Boom - pop
Boom - pop
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

How in the fuck does this awful story of a jealous guy blasting his successful lady turn into a brag-fest?
Start a new thread.
This is about a cold blooded murder.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

BR549 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:07 am turn into a brag-fest?
I don't see how it turned into a brag fest.......I did see it turn into BR549 being a truculent tool, though.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

I didn't see anyone bragging either.
For my part, i was just being a bit light-hearted and silly thru the whole thing.

I can see your point Bro5 tho', we did go right off-topic on a murder thread.
I did think about it
- my view is that this report is pretty remote. To most of us, it probably resonates more as an example of a syndrome we see almost weekly here, or daily. Not so much as the story of a particular person.

We gotta find a way to live here, with all this insane, needless tragedy all around every day. If we personalised all these accounts we would be fucked.
I am not preaching callousness, everybody here knows i am a bleeding-heart do-gooder sucker.
At times we just gotta do the "unconscionable" - pretend to ignore, use black humour, even be silly in the face of death, make it a backdrop to other conversation...
Sounds pretty gross, but they are actually really useful survival techniques, for the psyche.

The normal protocols are pretty well adhered to on CEO when the reported death is closer to home in some way.
I think that distinction is pretty normal, and does not imply we place more or less value on anyone.
Just my view, and i certainly respect everybody else's.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic