Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

Post by BklynBoy »

another thought.. he has a sign written in khmer. Why not English? The average khmer has a lot less then the average English speaking person there or does that say more about me then about him?

This dude could work for a month or so and skate out of cambodia.. if that was his plan... work 1 month and do a runner.. instead he just begs khmer people for money? If there is not something that is missing from story, he is a dick
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

Post by Phnom Poon »

looks persian
don't think he's saving for flight

monstra mihi bona!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:54 pm looks persian
don't think he's saving for flight
Why does Persian sound better than Iranian? :unknown:
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:54 pm Why does Persian sound better than Iranian? :unknown:

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Just looks pathetic and an embarrassment to most of us
Bet his Parents aren't impressed with their little boy
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 pm Do we know what country this reportedly 'handsome' foreigner begpacker is from?
Begarush?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

jaclu wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:10 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 pm Do we know what country this reportedly 'handsome' foreigner begpacker is from?
Begarush?
Begakhstan?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:14 pm
jaclu wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:10 pm
Begarush?
Begakhstan?
He should try Kalashnikovistan, it's right next to Persia
and they are famous for their hospitality to travelling strangers.

( if you like a bit of buggery, and he probably does)
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Wherever the lowlife is coming from, what are the thoughts of these begpackers?

"Right, I'm now here, but I don't have (enough) money to travel to the next country, so you know what? I'll ask a local to write in the local language that I want to move on and need money for that to happen. Hey, I've been so extremely brave to come this far, I'm entitled to get money to travel on! It's a universal right, right?"

Is it thinking like that? I really cannot comprehend.
And ... at what point did it go wrong?
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:01 pm
bong.kuit wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:55 pm
Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:37 pm
BR549 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 am sinsimilla...sensemilla ..depending on your preferred spelling.
How about the correct spelling?

Sensimilla
The correct spelling is 'Sinsemilla". :oops:
This is the only spelling I've ever seen. Either way, i got me some sensi :thumb:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic