Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Worst type of people.

If you're that skint, go to a bar and offer to do some work for a few days for a few dollars, fuck out of here.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

Post by Captain Bonez »

BR549 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 am sinsimilla...sensemilla ..depending on your preferred spelling.
How about the correct spelling?

Sensimilla
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

how many went to look at Sendy Chan's profile? :lol:
Still here, in country...
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

At the same time I was reading this earlier on FB, I was sat outside my workplace taking my usual break and the same elderly Khmer woman (looks to be in her 70s or 80s) came up to me, as she does most days, simply smiling at me and gave me one of those small wrapped fruit flavoured candies (I'm not sure what they're called). I see her most days and she often does the same. I'm not sure if she's homeless but she's clearly in poverty. She doesn't say much but she's always smiling and seems fascinated by me for some reason. I've tried to give her a dollar or so before but she always refuses. She's never taken a single riel from me. She just a very kind old lady who seems to enjoy giving, despite her clearly very impoverished life.

After she left, I went back to my phone to see this story. The contrast couldn't have been starker.

People like the begpacker in the picture don't deserve to leave their own town, let alone be allowed entry into a developing nation with elderly people like the woman I spoke about.

Seriously, it is gut-wrenching, disgusting and shameful behavior. There is no place here for people like that. I'd be only too happy to see a picture of him with his sign replaced by a smiling Cambodian cop under a headline such as "Entitled Westerner sentenced to 2 years for simply taking the piss**."

*(Taking the piss = taking liberties) for our American friends.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:37 pm
BR549 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 am sinsimilla...sensemilla ..depending on your preferred spelling.

Sensimilla
The correct spelling is 'Sinsemilla". :oops:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Do we know what country this reportedly 'handsome' foreigner begpacker is from?
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

bong.kuit wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:55 pm
Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Sensimilla
The correct spelling is 'Sinsemilla". :oops:
This is the only spelling I've ever seen. Either way, i got me some sensi :thumb:

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 pm Do we know what country this reportedly 'handsome' foreigner begpacker is from?
Begpakistan?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Brody wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 pm Do we know what country this reportedly 'handsome' foreigner begpacker is from?
Begpakistan?
Looks more like Begladesh.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

He's from Begaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic