Riverside Phone Snatchers Continue to Target Foreign Tourists

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Riverside Phone Snatchers Continue to Target Foreign Tourists

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): The latest (reported) riverside phone snatching attack, targeting a foreign tourist, occurred on January 15, 2020, at 5 pm. A Scottish man, NIAL WATT FINLEY, a 25-year-old tourist, had his phone snatched on riverside, on street 130, Sangkat Psar Kandal, Phnom Penh.

Fortunately, police apprehended the suspect, Nao Mao, a 20-year-old man, and confiscated a One Plus6T phone which was returned to the victim. The suspect is believed to be part of a gang operating on riverside and is being questioned as police search for the other gang members.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Riverside Phone Snatchers Continue to Target Foreign Tourists

Post by General Mackevili »

This guy shows a lot more respect receiving his goods back than the lefty backpacker with a cig in one hand. Well done, sir.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

He doesn't look like the type of guy I'd try to steal a phone off.
Just goes to show that it could happen to anyone. Glad he got it back.

Good work.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:16 am This guy shows a lot more respect receiving his goods back than the lefty backpacker with a cig in one hand. Well done, sir.

That's not a cigarette, it's the chromed frame of the chair behind, and I doubt he cared too much which hand she used, I'm sure a cop would rather meet a cute woman than a cookie cutter tattooed hipster.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:16 am This guy shows a lot more respect receiving his goods back than the lefty backpacker with a cig in one hand. Well done, sir.
I dunno, Gen.
He looks like the classic "i demand everything handed to me on platter, NOW please!" hipster type to me.
The attitude of a mans right hand says a lot about his attitudes all 'round.

And anyway, Lefties dress much better, always look cool and unfazed no matter the circumstances, and are far more attractive than ethically free-zone hipsters. Always
The photographs clearly demonstrate that too.
lol
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:34 am ...I doubt he cared too much which hand she used...
I think we both need an eye-exam! :dm:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SrokKhmer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SrokKhmer »

I partly blame the police or lack of police I should say. Why are there no police walking the streets or posted in various place near the riverside? They just sit drinking or have an evening job somewhere.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:26 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:34 am ...I doubt he cared too much which hand she used...
I think we both need an eye-exam! :dm:

Not related to the original topic but I just wanted yall to know he/ she makes "music"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic