Koh Rong Beachfront Land 1673 sqm White Sand

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
philip.smith
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Koh Rong Beachfront Land 1673 sqm White Sand

Post by philip.smith »

basta.binici wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:22 pm
willyhilly wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:02 pm And there’s no chance that someone will seize the land in future. On an undeveloped island with a crooked national government that’s a crazy price for land.
I remember in Phuket in 1979 where Club Med is now there was a block of land for sale. Ten acres of beachfront with abandoned bungalows and a real title for $25,000.
The real value of land in Cambodia is impossible to gauge because there is no safe title. And the chance of anyone who reads this forum forking out a million bucks is zero.
Hard title is safe. These lands have the latest form of hard title (LMAP). No one can take it ever. It is permanent ownership. In 1979 many things were cheaper everywhere.
Some people calculate return on investment well.
If someone wants to take over the title, I'm sure they could find a way to coerce you. Lots of ditches around the country side.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

philip.smith wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:14 am
willyhilly wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:02 pm And there’s no chance that someone will seize the land in future. On an undeveloped island with a crooked national government that’s a crazy price for land.
I remember in Phuket in 1979 where Club Med is now there was a block of land for sale. Ten acres of beachfront with abandoned bungalows and a real title for $25,000.
The real value of land in Cambodia is impossible to gauge because there is no safe title. And the chance of anyone who reads this forum forking out a million bucks is zero.
Hard title is safe. These lands have the latest form of hard title (LMAP). No one can take it ever. It is permanent ownership. In 1979 many things were cheaper everywhere.
If someone wants to take over the title, I'm sure they could find a way to coerce you. Lots of ditches around the country side.
They'll just accuse you of being a nonce, get someone to make the accusation and you can have a few months in Prey Sar to consider their very fair offer of $1 freehold and a get out of jail card free.

The beach looks lovely and I very much enjoyed my holiday in Koh Rong Saloem. But I would never buy any land here, it is just too corrupt unless you have very high level connections (that you pay for)

And if Cambodia doesn't learn any lessons from Sihanoukville, then they deserve everything that is coming to them..
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

philip.smith wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:14 am
Noone can do that. Do you have proof for any example cases?
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

This Land is SOLD from $550 / sqm. For similar or other lands, please visit: https://kohrongre.com
or contact me directly:
PHONE: +855 93 495 194 (WhatsApp, WeChat, Telegram, Viber, Line)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic