Foreign Man Found Lying Dead near the Royal Hotel in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreign Man Found Lying Dead near the Royal Hotel in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): An unidentified foreigner aged about 70 years old, was found dead in the early hours this morning, January 15, 2020, at 3:30 am, on the road 67, near the Royal hotel, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh.

Three security guards on night patrol around the hotel found the body of a foreign man lying in a parking space on Street 67. They have reported the event to police. The victim was a white male wearing a blue shirt, shorts, and white sneakers. No further details have been given as to the man's identity, nationality, or likely cause of death. RIP.

The victim shown from a distance.
Spoiler:
More photos are on the darknet.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreign Man Found Lying Dead near the Royal Hotel in Phnom Penh

Post by frizzie77 »

Other news sources write the examining 'doctor' concluded the man died of a "drug induced heart attack".
At the same time the man cannot be identified. Apparently he had nothing on him, like a wallet with some card in it. It is a very quiet and rather dark street. On photos from other sources there's clearly fluid next to his head. Yes, that could be from hitting the ground hard for whatever reason.

However, to me this much more indicates a violent robbery.

But of course the Cambodian police is too lazy to even consider the option, as it's "just a barang". Let's say he died of a heart attack, as always, and on top of that aren't those barang all using drugs? Oh yes, drugs!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

frizzie77 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm of course the Cambodian police is too lazy to even consider the option
Alright then Maestro, put your money where your mouth is. Let’s give you a Cambodian police salary and you can lead by example.

Mishmash could suit you up and you’ll be the finest detective of Wat Phnom. :whip:
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

fax wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:56 pm
frizzie77 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm of course the Cambodian police is too lazy to even consider the option
Alright then Maestro, put your money where your mouth is. Let’s give you a Cambodian police salary and you can lead by example.

Mishmash could suit you up and you’ll be the finest detective of Wat Phnom. :whip:
Mish is this correct? Can I become a police officer/detective? I've always fancied myself a supersleuth.

p.s Do I get a gun? Not entirely a deal-breaker if you can provide a loud whistle
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:16 pm

Mish is this correct? Can I become a police officer/detective? I've always fancied myself a supersleuth.

p.s Do I get a gun? Not entirely a deal-breaker if you can provide a loud whistle

Yeh great idea .....You can all call me " Dirty Dave "........

You've got to ask yourself a question: 'do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Very dangerous area nowadays. I had my old backpack stolen yesterday at the riverside. Would have loved to see the thieves face as he realized there was only a watermelon and a bicycle tube inside. Disgusting scum
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

King Keil wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:26 pm Very dangerous area nowadays. I had my old backpack stolen yesterday at the riverside. Would have loved to see the thieves face as he realized there was only a watermelon and a bicycle tube inside. Disgusting scum
Hyper-vigilante you!!
LOL
How, KingKei?
How on earth did did the Riverside brain-dead meth heads get the better of a posse-leader type like you?

You sure you're not loosing your edge here?
'Getting a bit dreamy and letting your guard down...??
chuckle

Happens to us all when we get to the "watermelon and bicycle tube only" stage of life i guess.
:stir:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Some people say the Khmer are lazy and don't follow up on crime - this is not true.

The uniformed men largely stay in their post as they are literate and deal with the paperwork.

The plain clothes guys do much of the detective work and apprehension of low level street crime.

When the perp is caught the backup arrives in uniform.

For more serious crime the teams are well lead though lacking in modern forensics. The operations are based more on human intelligence. The success rate is good.

There are foreigners working to assist here as is well documented and the more famous ones are online.

The boys are willing to learn, however I would say we can learn from them a great deal.

Gun? Whistle? Well I'd prefer the gun wouldn't you...

At the very least by just having a few beers with the local Law Enforcement every month it's more likely the boys would come to help you late at night.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 pm

Some people say the Khmer are lazy and don't follow up on crime - this is not true.

The uniformed men largely stay in their post as they are literate and deal with the paperwork.

The plain clothes guys do much of the detective work and apprehension of low level street crime.

When the perp is caught the backup arrives in uniform.

For more serious crime the teams are well lead though lacking in modern forensics. The operations are based more on human intelligence. The success rate is good.

There are foreigners working to assist here as is well documented and the more famous ones are online.

The boys are willing to learn, however I would say we can learn from them a great deal.

Gun? Whistle? Well I'd prefer the gun wouldn't you...

At the very least by just having a few beers with the local Law Enforcement every month it's more likely the boys would come to help you late at night.
Honestly, I've never fired one but I'd love to check out a gun range one day.

Maybe soon ey ; )
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

[quote=CEOCambodiaNews post_id=390926 time=1579058599 user_id=853]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/FkOAjAu.png[/img]
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): An unidentified foreigner aged about 70 years old, was found dead in the early hours this morning, January 15, 2020, at 3:30 am, on the road 67, near the Royal hotel, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh.

Three security guards on night patrol around the hotel found the body of a foreign man lying in a parking space on Street 67. They have reported the event to police. The victim was a white male wearing a blue shirt, shorts, and white sneakers. No further details have been given as to the man's identity, nationality, or likely cause of death. RIP.

[i]The victi''''''''''''''''''''m shown from a distance.[/i]
[spoiler][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZGHQoeG.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
More photos are on the [url=darknet-cambodia-news/darknet-unidentif ... 35557.html]darknet[/url].
[/quote]

dude got wheels on him for 70 yr old ! His muscular condition suggests a man in his 30's only - What s the f/u here? why post this story and not get down to basics and share the public safety issues here ? A man died! Good, bad or indifferent! Come on fellas don't be another let down. WTF do you fellas know ? Do you all feel obligated to share with us just why this much younger than 70 yo guy just up and died in the heart of the city one evening?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic