Police Clearance required for Teaching Job in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Chariska
Tourist

Police Clearance required for Teaching Job in PP

Post by Chariska »

Hi all!

Trust you are doing good.

Me and my Partner are moving to Cambodia, Phnom Penh, from South Africa- the 5th of March 2020.
We still have a few questions regarding this move.

Is it in any way necessary to take a Police clearance from my home country to PP in order to apply for a Teaching job?
Any problems with the E-Visa when arriving?

Will much appreciate any feedback.

Regards,
Chariska
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Police Clearance required for Teaching Job in PP

Post by epidemiks »

If you'd like to work for a school that doesn't bother to check whether staff are suitable to work with children, you can.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

I always assumed that teachers would bring one (police clearance) just to optimize their chances of beiing hired.
I wouldn't even consider those who don't have one.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

she is a white woman .. You know how it goes but yes if have the clearance, it would be beneficial

If your going to live here, get a Business Visa .. Double check the name but dont get an E-visa.. thats only for Tourists
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Chariska wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:46 pm Any problems with the E-Visa when arriving?
You won’t get an ordinary visa on arrival without employment because you have a passport from a country in Africa.

You will be given a tourist visa and have to do a border run to change visa types after securing employment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic