Do pregnant Cambodian women commonly do photo shoots showing off their massive stomachs?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Do pregnant Cambodian women commonly do photo shoots showing off their massive stomachs?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Men do this all the time, show off their beer belly in bars, in restaurants.
I don't care, but if pregnant women want to show off their future kid to everyone , it is not worse than showing a gut full of beer, IMO. :beer3:
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Do pregnant Cambodian women commonly do photo shoots showing off their massive stomachs?

Post by fax »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:05 pm Men do this all the time, show off their beer belly in bars, in restaurants.
I don’t think I have ever seen it. What bars and restaurants do you go to?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

fax wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:13 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:05 pm Men do this all the time, show off their beer belly in bars, in restaurants.
I don’t think I have ever seen it. What bars and restaurants do you go to?
Hint: A small town on the seaside where the expats dress classy. ( Was going to say that this should be in the past tense, but actually the new expats in SHV also dress with style.) You people in PP have no idea about the extremes of expat fashion sense in the rest of Cambodia. :mrgreen:
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Funny you should mention this as my pregnant missus was taking photos of her 5 month bump last night and I asked her why - she said so she could see it at a different angle or some garbled explanation like that, her English isn't the best. I hope it isn't now on facebook. (not on facebook myself.) I am going to ask her tonight.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

Pics of Baby bumps are super popular in even in the West. Though everybody I know that had a baby last year was dressed but I have seen some weird ones on the net... Stomachs painted like basketballs, the whole family showing their tummy with whatever weird messages were written on them. Then once the baby is born alot of people do the monthly update with the baby holding a little sign saying X months old so prepare for that next...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic