Filipino Couple Get Robbed on Tuk-Tuk; Track Down iPhone in House Near Airport with 'Find My Phone'

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Filipino Couple Get Robbed on Tuk-Tuk; Track Down iPhone in House Near Airport with 'Find My Phone'

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A Filipino tourist and his girlfriend were robbed on a Tuk-Tuk ride, and have managed to pinpoint the location of their stolen iPhone, which is located in a building near the Phnom Penh Airport. Chances are slim of getting it back, but they reached out to CEO to see if there's a chance.

'Hello. Can you help me? My iPhone 11 Pro Max was snatch last January 11, 2020 in Phnom Penh. Me and my girlfriend were riding Tuk-Tuk and suddenly the snatcher grabbed the iPhone 11 Pro Max in to my girl friends hand, and we already report in to the police station near in the crime scene. Today I located my iPhone in near the airport area. I think that place is a squater area. Please cooperate with us to get back my iPhone. I'm hoping your kind and cooperation with your team.

This is my only evidence. They locate my phone in that house. I'm filipino, and I'm not so broke what happened in Phnom Penh.'

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Filipino Couple Get Robbed on Tuk-Tuk; Track Down iPhone in House Near Airport with 'Find My Phone'

Post by Queef »

Phone/ bag snatchings, scams of all kinds, trash everywhere, coastal cities on the verge of being or already destroyed... Why are tourist numbers down? 🤔
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Filipino Couple Get Robbed on Tuk-Tuk; Track Down iPhone in House Near Airport with 'Find My Phone'

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ask Mish to send a couple of battalions around to the said address. They can take some nice selfies with the perps in shackles and it's win-win for everyone.
:beer2:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Try to pay the police to come with you. How accurate is that locator and can you find the site yourself?
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

That phone your gf was using is highly sought after.
You can't be caught off guard like that in PP.
Most tuktuks have a cage or some netting to prevent the snatch.
Hell, it may be in a display case for sale.
A local cop might help. Try to find a station near the location...maybe take a tuk tuk past to scope it out?
What a shame.
I had a gf in Buenos Aires who was pickpocketed of her cell phone twice and she was from there.
I started carrying my wallet in my front pocket with my hand inside...
Be careful.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 pm Ask Mish to send a couple of battalions around to the said address. They can take some nice selfies with the perps in shackles and it's win-win for everyone.
Agree, AM. But you've got to do the 'mention' thing so he gets alerted. >>> @Mishmash

:beer3:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 pm Ask Mish to send a couple of battalions around to the said address. They can take some nice selfies with the perps in shackles and it's win-win for everyone.
Agree, AM. But you've got to do the 'mention' thing so he gets alerted. >>> @Mishmash

:beer3:
Right. So how does that work when it is working ?
Lol. I've got Mishmash alerts all over my comment here right now. And i didn't do anything. Maybe it's contagious. :shrug:
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Queef wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:03 pm Phone/ bag snatchings, scams of all kinds, trash everywhere, coastal cities on the verge of being or already destroyed... Why are tourist numbers down? 🤔

Never seen and never heard what you are talking about.
Kow is perfect and tourists are increasing.
We are so lucky to live in the best country in the world <3

By the way, a filipino with a $1500 phone and not caring about it must still have enough money to buy a new one :-)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

jubo2 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:09 pm
Queef wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:03 pm Phone/ bag snatchings, scams of all kinds, trash everywhere, coastal cities on the verge of being or already destroyed... Why are tourist numbers down? 🤔

By the way, a filipino with a $1500 phone and not caring about it must still have enough money to buy a new one :-)

The value of the phone means nothing, It's the value of all those selfies in it that makes it worth recovering .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Duncan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:15 pm
jubo2 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:09 pm

The value of the phone means nothing, It's the value of all those selfies in it that makes it worth recovering .

yes i agree ! But smart people who know how to care about a $1500 phone certainly also know how to automatically upload pictures in cloud...

anyway I wish them the best and hope that they will take it back. Maybe pay $1000 a cop to go pick it up for you ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic