Kiwi Expat, CORNELIUS MCKINNEY, Dies in Phnom Penh Motorbike Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kiwi Expat, CORNELIUS MCKINNEY, Dies in Phnom Penh Motorbike Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On January 11, 2020, at 11:30 pm, a 70-year-old New Zealander, CORNELIUS MCKINNEY, died on the way to the hospital after he was in a motorbike accident, on Preah Norodom road, Sangkat Chey Chumneas, Khan Don Penh, Phnom Penh.

The Kiwi man was driving a Honda TR plate no.1S-0462 in the direction from south to north, when the motorbike fell over. There is no mention of a collision. The victim was severely injured and he died in the ambulance on the way to the Calmette hospital.
The police took the motorbike to keep at the traffic police station following the procedure.
The deceased was living with his 43-year-old wife in Peam Ching village, Peam Chik commune, Kang Meas district, Kampong Cham province.The authorities will contact his relatives in New Zealand.
RIP and condolences to his family and friends.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
charles.campbell
Tourist

Re: Kiwi Expat, CORNELIUS MCKINNEY, Dies in Phnom Penh Motorbike Accident

Post by charles.campbell »

RIP! Must have knocked his head hard without a helmet...
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

charles.campbell wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:24 pm RIP! Must have knocked his head hard without a helmet...
RIP and at the same time speculating without any evidence. Where did you hear he wasn't wearing a helmet? You must be a fine christian.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase:
A true Gentleman & scholar. This man is enjoying Heaven now ,he helped many desperately poor locals without any fanfare or Bullsh#it.See you again one day Cornney.
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

MarkRobinson wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am :dragonchase:
A true Gentleman & scholar. This man is enjoying Heaven now ,he helped many desperately poor locals without any fanfare or Bullsh#it.See you again one day Cornney.
Is this Con?

Scottish Kiwi cameraman married to Danni?
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Just had it canfirmed second hand that it was Con.

RIP mate.

What a character.

His escapades are legendary amongst longer term expats, especially in Sihanoukville.

I last saw him in LoneStar about 18 months ago, he had been sober for a few years.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

So, Scottish Con, rather than KIwi?

Yeah, he could party for both countries in his time, nice fellow to me always.

R.I.P.
Andrew D
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Andrew D »

Hi All,
New to the forums - so apologies if this isn't appropriate etiquette. I am a relative of Con's from NZ. Thank you for your kind words about him - it means a lot to his family around the world and we will share the thoughts here with them.

If anyone on the forum would be comfortable sharing memories of him with his family, or potentially helping advise on a few logistics questions, please direct message me so we can connect off this thread. Particularly interested if anyone has had recent contact with him, or lives near where he was based - there are a few logistics questions that are more difficult for his family outside of Cambodia to work out (especially those of us not lucky enough to have traveled there!)

Thanks,
Andrew
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

RIP
mkilburn2002
Tourist
United States of America

Post by mkilburn2002 »

Hi Andrew I was with Con on the 15 december . I have known him for 10Years.We were good mates.
We had a mutual friend a scots guy Les die suddenly here in Cambodia.
If my Memory serves me well. At les funeral we discussed what we would like to do in case either of us died here.He said cremation here, I think he said and
ashes to be divided between NZ and Here for his daughter.
If I can help please let me know.
Give family my condolence
Mike excuse me for not PM you but would not go through.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic