Be wary of the poisonous garlic at O'Russey

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Be wary of the poisonous garlic at O'Russey

Post by Mishmash »

Luckily the Camcontrol Team held an inspection at the O'russey Market.

Food samples were tested.

The Garlic was found to be contaminated with pesticides and destroyed. :hattip:

DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Be wary of the poisonous garlic at O'Russey

Post by DaveG »

O well, it's a good start, they are at least trying to stop people from poisoning themselves,
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

DaveG wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:55 pm O well, it's a good start, they are at least trying to stop people from poisoning themselves,
They are going for it!! I dunno what nasty shite some warehouse was peddling - but busted thank the lord...

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Hey Bong, that guy over the aisle is selling fake shoit cheaper than me. What can i do?
My cousin is a police officer.......
In all fairness i would prefer to hold fire until we find out what was wrong with whatever they are selling and where it came from, local or imported. Thi sshit should not have got through the border if it was imported and it someone should be getting a slap for letting it.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

pczz wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:17 pm Hey Bong, that guy over the aisle is selling fake shoit cheaper than me. What can i do?
My cousin is a police officer.......
In all fairness i would prefer to hold fire until we find out what was wrong with whatever they are selling and where it came from, local or imported. Thi sshit should not have got through the border if it was imported and it someone should be getting a slap for letting it.
Apparently it was a local factory who just decided to manufacture whatever that shit was and peddle it.

No hygiene, no approvals, no testing. just mix the shit up and box it.

Reminds me of that Chinese melamine milk they poisoned the kids with.

And here injecting the food (especially seafood and chicken) with a heap of chemicals, spraying the crops with banned pesticides, and any other way to fuck you over and make 100 riels.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic