Ukranian Plane crash - Shot down by Iran?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Ukranian Plane crash - Shot down by Iran?

Post by BR549 »

Sadly, these Canadians and Iranians...over 130 of the passengers were headed to Kiev to catch a flight to Toronto. They were Iranian students going back to school..They were Canadians who had Iranian blood and had been visiting Iran. The rest were other people trying to make a connection or crew.
This Russian made missile system did not go off by accident.
Iran had been shooting off missiles into Iraq ...had even given warning to Iraq they were going to do it.
US intelligence had known for hours and everyone had taken precautions.
A damn shame that Iran killed its own people.
Imagine the parents dropping off their college aged kids at the airport and watching this tragic event?
They want to call it an accident.
It reminds me of when I was a dumb kid tossing little dirt clods high in the air and watching them fall around some neighbor kids who were all my friends.
We were laughing..until, one dirt clod hit a girl in the forehead as she watched it come down.
I told my stepfather I didn't mean to hit her. I told him it was an accident. He was an attorney.
He asked me if I threw the dirt clod?
I said .Yes.
He asked me did I mean to throw it?
I said ..Yes..
He said..Then, it was no accident.
The media tried to cover it up.
Iran won't give Boeing the black boxes.
It doesn't matter now.
The video shows what happened.
I suppose a heat signature from the Ukraine plane altered the missiles's original trajectory.
You going to blame the Orange headed man again?
Or, the person who fired the missile?
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

Sadly, these Canadians and Iranians...over 130 of the passengers were headed to Kiev to catch a flight to Toronto. They were Iranian students going back to school..They were Canadians who had Iranian blood and had been visiting Iran. The rest were other people trying to make a connection or crew.
Iran had been shooting off missiles into Iraq ...had even given warning to Iraq they were going to do it.
US intelligence had known for hours and everyone had taken precautions.
A damn shame that Iran killed its own people.
Imagine the parents dropping off their college aged kids at the airport and watching this tragic event?
They want to call it an accident.
It reminds me of when I was a dumb kid tossing little dirt clods high in the air and watching them fall around some neighbor kids who were all my friends.
We were laughing..until, one dirt clod hit a girl in the forehead as she watched it come down.
I told my stepfather I didn't mean to hit her. I told him it was an accident. He was an attorney.
He asked me if I threw the dirt clod?
I said .Yes.
He asked me did I mean to throw it?
I said ..Yes..
He said..Then, it was no accident.
The media tried to cover it up.
Iran won't give Boeing the black boxes.
It doesn't matter now.
The video shows what happened.
I suppose a heat signature from the Ukraine plane altered the missiles's original trajectory.
You going to blame the Orange headed man again?
Or, the person who fired the missile?
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:15 pm When the US makes a mistake, it will admit that it made a mistake.
oh come now
the truth is more likely to come out, perhaps

it seems likely this was a missile, why else would they withhold the black box
and like most stereotypes, 'lying arab' is not entirely baseless
i strongly suspect it was an accident though

and personally speaking, iran is looking like the measured, good guy in this affair
after trump assassinated a diplomat on a mission that the US facilitated and presumably guaranteed
Last edited by Phnom Poon on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

monstra mihi bona!
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

They don't care if they martyr (Murder) their own as long as a few barangs get it......They are all mad, living in biblical times...

Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

DaveG wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:27 pm
i think you are quite uninformed about life in iran
BR549 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 pm They were Iranian students going back to school..
must have been intentional then!
more likely they couldn't read russian, and fucked up the settings
now they're covering up
even so, their corner looks more incompetent than evil
the other corner looks both

monstra mihi bona!
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:43 pm
DaveG wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:27 pm
i think you are quite uninformed about life in iran
BR549 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 pm They were Iranian students going back to school..
must have been intentional then!
more likely they couldn't read russian, and fucked up the settings
now they're covering up
even so, their corner looks more incompetent than evil
the other corner looks both
O well that's fine then, buy a Russian missile system that's capable of downing commercial airliners and not know how to use it........lol
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

^
"more likely they couldn't read russian, and fucked up the settings"

Mmmmm, Errrrrrr, is it this switch that puts it on automatic acquisition and targeting or is it this one that changes it to manual, Mmmmmm, Errrrrrrrr, not sure, O well seems to be working......
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

DaveG wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 pm O well that's fine then, buy a Russian missile system that's capable of downing commercial airliners and not know how to use it........lol
your point is this is death by carelessness, possibly manslaughter
my point is i doubt it was malicious or premeditated
unlike trump

monstra mihi bona!
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:03 pm
DaveG wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 pm O well that's fine then, buy a Russian missile system that's capable of downing commercial airliners and not know how to use it........lol
your point is this is death by carelessness, possibly manslaughter
my point is i doubt it was malicious or premeditated
unlike trump
A Tor missile system ain't like buying a car alarm on e bay when all the instructions are in Chinese, it's a little bit more serious than that, how the fuck can you not know how to use it, and if the operators do know then it's murder of completely innocent people that have nothing to do with politics.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I just hope that there were lessons learned so that this tragedy doesn’t happen again.

Korean airliner was shot down in the 1980s due to mechanical error and Soviet arrogance. Magnetic compass failed over the pole and it strayed into Soviet airspace. This is actually the same route that planes today still take coming in from the US to Asia.

Fighters were scrambled to investigate. Pilots reported a commercial airliner with lights on and crew and passengers clearly seen in the windows. Soviet general ordered it to be shot down, remarking ‘I don’t care.’ That part was kept as a deep super secret until after the Soviet Union collapsed.

President Regan responded at the time by granting all airliners, not just American planes, access to a new secret military technology called GPS. Eventually this technology was imbedded in everything, including cellphones, improving everyone’s lives.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic