Is there some sort of mosquito plague going on at the moment or is it just me?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Is there some sort of mosquito plague going on at the moment or is it just me?

Post by xandreu »

Apart from the odd bite here and there, I've never had a major problem with mozzies in the few years I've been here, but this past few weeks I seem to have become a bit of a delicacy for them.

My ankles and feet look like something a drunk toddler would come up with given a piece of white paper and a red crayon. I'm seeing more and more of them around around my apartment.

Just wondering if it's a problem specific to my apartment or if there's such a thing as a mozzie season which we're going through at the moment?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Is there some sort of mosquito plague going on at the moment or is it just me?

Post by pczz »

I am having same issue but I do not think they are mossie bites. too small. There are swarms of small gnats around. Eat half a dragon fruit, leave the shell on your balcony you will see what i mean. Its my geckos feeding tray :-)
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Is there some sort of mosquito plague going on at the moment or is it just me?

Post by DaveG »

Deet
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

It's that time of year.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've noticed the same thing. I never usually get mosquitoes in my house but there have been loads recently. I even bought a new zapper the other day. I don't know where they are all breeding because it hasn't rained in months.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I haven't seen a mosquito in weeks here. Must be lucky.
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

The time of the year. Where we live it was the same last year until March. Open the door in the morning and the mosquitoes are all around the shoes and motos trying to get inside the home before the heat gets up.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

There is a plague, and I'd bet Cintri closing down has something to do with it. No garbage collection on my street for weeks, mosquitoes love this kind of thing.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

fazur wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:31 am There is a plague, and I'd bet Cintri closing down has something to do with it. No garbage collection on my street for weeks, mosquitoes love this kind of thing.
Your Aegyptis lady mosquito prefers clean water for her eggs. Dirty water is a last resort.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Yep - it's an invasion.

I haven't seen the government smoke machines out yet.

I just use the RAID and Coils everyday for about a week, then just the coils at night as I like the door open for the night breeze.

Does the trick
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic