Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by pczz »

The royal family is the most expensive family of benefit scroungers in the UK, except Prince charles who owns half of cornwall that his family stole generatins ago. Time for a republic. If the americans love the royal family so much get trump to make an offfer for them
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Brody »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:03 pm If the americans love the royal family so much
Not at all.....they're more of an odd bygone curiosity, you know, like that creepy uncle you were told to stay away from at family get togethers, who can plug his nose and squirt water out of his left eye.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:03 pm The royal family is the most expensive family of benefit scroungers in the UK, except Prince charles who owns half of cornwall that his family stole generatins ago. Time for a republic. If the americans love the royal family so much get trump to make an offfer for them
The Crown Estate earnt £343 million to June 2019. Assets estimated at £13.5 billion. Income from the Crown Estates was transferred from the Crown to Parliament in 1760. One of the worst deals in history but it was made by George III (The mad one)

https://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/en-gb/ ... -finances/

The civil list is frozen since 2000 at £7.9 million. Since then it has been subsidised from Royal family reserves.
£7.9 million return on assets of £13.5 billion is about a 0.00058%.
Do you want to give them back their properties?

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:03 pm The royal family is the most expensive family of benefit scroungers in the UK, except Prince charles who owns half of cornwall that his family stole generatins ago. Time for a republic. If the americans love the royal family so much get trump to make an offfer for them
The Crown Estate earnt £343 million to June 2019. Assets estimated at £13.5 billion. Income from the Crown Estates was transferred from the Crown to Parliament in 1760. One of the worst deals in history but it was made by George III (The mad one)

The civil list is frozen since 2000 at £7.9 million. Since then it has been subsidised from Royal family reserves.

And your point is? Where did the royal family reserve come from? Stolen assets taken by force centureis ago. The should get standard state benefits and no more. maybe pay them per performance like a soap actor, and sack them when they are accused of being a paedophile
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:36 pm

And your point is? Where did the royal family reserve come from? Stolen assets taken by force centureis ago. The should get standard state benefits and no more. maybe pay them per performance like a soap actor, and sack them when they are accused of being a paedophile
Doesn't matter how they came by it, it is crown property and has been for centuries, it's not state property. They could make applications for first registration at The Land Registry, their paperwork in very convincing going back centuries. You only need 12 years for title absolute.

They could then sell it off to The Trump Corporation....
Buckingham Palace, Luxery Hotel and 9 hole Pitch.'n' Put. It will be "Amazing, Incredible...Huge"....

DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Well if I had all that dosh I would do one also, they can't even take a dump without some twat trying to take pics of them, they are just human beings ( Unless you believe David Icke ). H and his shagpiece should be left to bring up the sprog anyway and anywhere they choose.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:02 pm Well if I had all that dosh I would do one also, they can't even take a dump without some twat trying to take pics of them, they are just human beings ( Unless you believe David Icke ). H and his shagpiece should be left to bring up the sprog anyway and anywhere they choose.
I actually have some sympathy with them.

Once you've got used to the zero-cash-required lifestyle and all the bowing and scraping and doors being opened (give it 6 months) you are left with an endless diary of boring events with boring kiss-asses. You can't even have a beer or two to get you through the day. Why anyone would want to marry into that life is beyond me. But once you have you can't start making up new rules to suit yourself.

I am listening to the radio today and the airwaves is full of stories about just how anti-press and badly behaved Harry is and stories about how he treats the Royal flunkeys "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets" etc...

I foresee plenty of negative press (they are off the leash now) and public opinion will turn against them. Meghan will get the blame. Then they will disappear are rarely be seen and heard of again.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I think I read over Christmas they tried to book a meal in some small town restaurant in Canada, ( or maybe New Zealand ), and the owner declined the booking as it meant inconveniencing her regular customers. I enjoyed that one.

I like being abroad and not so exposed to the British establishment Royal publicity pushing machine and I like that these 2 have thrown a spanner in the works unannounced and therefore uncontrolled. The establishment won't like that and the media will have to redirect their hate. If their financial independence was going to be total then I would applaud their decision wholeheartedly but I suspect that isn't going to be the case. Given the way Queenie and co and the tabloids treated his mother I can't blame Harry for not wanting a life of the same for his wife and kids. They seem to have become a target since day one, establishment and underlying British racism ? I don't know.

For the time being it's a thumbs up for me for them giving the British establishment and tabloid media the finger. Now about that renovation bill, where do I send the invoice ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I see the old subject lives on Royalists and Parliamentarians. But before judging too harshly it maybe that the Royals do some good work.

Prince Harry and HALO in the news

Last week, we were proud to welcome Prince Harry to our programme in Angola. He visited the first minefield being cleared as part of our groundbreaking project to protect the precious Okavango headwaters in the southeast of the country.
The Duke then returned to Huambo and the area where his mother walked through a HALO minefield in 1997. Following in Princess Diana's footsteps, The Duke has drawn the world's attention to landmines—the unhealed scars of war—and called on international support to ensure that we do not turn our backs on the 60 million people around the world still living in fear of these weapons of war, ensuring his mother's legacy lives on.

https://www.halotrust.org/latest/halo-u ... -the-news/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:48 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:36 pm

Doesn't matter how they came by it, it is crown property and has been for centuries, it's not state property. They could make applications for first registration at The Land Registry, their paperwork in very convincing going back centuries. You only need 12 years for title absolute.

They could then sell it off to The Trump Corporation....
Buckingham Palace, Luxery Hotel and 9 hole Pitch.'n' Put. It will be "Amazing, Incredible...Huge"....

glad we cleared that up. its nice to know if i steal something today it will legally be mine in a few centuries. There is no differnce between the royal family stealing from the people and Americnas stealing land from the indians and Australins stealing land from the aborigines and spanish stealin land from amazonians. it does not magically become acceptable just because the violence happened a few hundred years ago
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic