Mass shooting at shopping mall

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
adders28
Expatriate

Mass shooting at shopping mall

Post by adders28 »

Gun murder rate is on par with USA and 3 times cambodia per 100,000 population not such a land of smiles after all

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/114256 ... ping-mall/
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mass shooting at shopping mall

Post by pczz »

adders28 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:34 am Gun murder rate is on par with USA and 3 times cambodia per 100,000 population not such a land of smiles after all

The difference being that the USA is supposed to be a civilised country occupied by educated and socially responsible people, whereas Cambodia and thailand are still third world countries (sorry Thais but not everything that looks like a rose is a rose)
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:11 pm
adders28 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:34 am Gun murder rate is on par with USA and 3 times cambodia per 100,000 population not such a land of smiles after all

The difference being that the USA is supposed to be a civilised country occupied by educated and socially responsible people, whereas Cambodia and thailand are still third world countries (sorry Thais but not everything that looks like a rose is a rose)
thats true but think how many mass shootings usa have just shows thailands figures are very high, not land of smiles although that was just a TAT gimmick
rape is higher than USA too
Americans are crazy for guns and just dont seem to get it, they want more
Every thai family has one member owns a gun, legal or illegally!
get you point but usa dont call it self LOS.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

This was a robbery gone wrong, resulting in a totally unplanned shooting.

The point is that mass shootings in the US are normally pre-meditated. Bank robberies in the US are normally classified as completely different to mass-shootings.

Agendas?
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

adders28 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:20 pm

thats true but think how many mass shootings usa have just shows thailands figures are very high, not land of smiles although that was just a TAT gimmick
They dont call the thais smiling assasins for nothing.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

fazur wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:13 pm This was a robbery gone wrong, resulting in a totally unplanned shooting.

The point is that mass shootings in the US are normally pre-meditated. Bank robberies in the US are normally classified as completely different to mass-shootings.

Agendas?
thailand always an accident, or i was drunk etc..never take blame
USA needs to ban guns, we dont have gun problem in UK, 5 years in prison just for carrying one, knife problem Yes, in london especially
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Soriya wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:23 pm
adders28 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:20 pm

They dont call the thais smiling assasins for nothing.
i sussed the fake smiles out years ago...
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Yep - that's why we are all personally armed to the teeth legally - simple human rights to defend yourself..... Or do the bad guys go around armed with just a big mouth?

Personally i am happy you are unarmed and I am armed - makes it simple if you try something! And if you say you won't then neither will I. But if the bad guy comes and pulls some shit on you, then you will be gone. However, I on the other hand will defend myself with the equalizer and he will be gone.

Stop all this tree hugging shite... the world is full of evil people, and they come when you least expect it.. ask the 100's of millions of innocents in human history.

People kill with guns knives, forks, rocks, bare hands - whatever.

Funnily enough, there was this famous serial killer and rapist who used to tie the guys up and rape their wives in front of them - uncaught to date.. There was a meeting of the people and one guy laughed and said they "weren't real men because a real man would act instead of watching his wife get raped". He was the next victim that night, so the murderer was at the meeting. True story. Man up bro...
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Yep - that's why we are all personally armed to the teeth legally - simple human rights to defend yourself..... Or do the bad guys go around armed with just a big mouth?

Personally i am happy you are unarmed and I am armed - makes it simple if you try something! And if you say you won't then neither will I. But if the bad guy comes and pulls some shit on you, then you will be gone. However, I on the other hand will defend myself with the equalizer and he will be gone.

Stop all this tree hugging shite... the world is full of evil people, and they come when you least expect it.. ask the 100's of millions of innocents in human history.

Funnily enough, there was this famous serial killer and rapist who used to tie the guys up and rape their wives in front of them - uncaught to date.. There was a meeting of the people and one guy laughed and said they "weren't real men because a real man would act instead of watching his wife get raped". He was the next victim that night, so the murderer was at the meeting. True story. Man up bro...
From a true trump supporter , denies gun problem in USA. rapist got plenty other tools mate , man up use your fists or a bottle lol
as you know in the Uk if you pull a gun on somebody you have to use it or you are dead, try living on costa del sol mate, man up!!!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

adders28 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:58 pm
Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:54 pm

From a true trump supporter , denies gun problem in USA. rapist got plenty other tools mate , man up use your fists or a bottle lol
as you know in the Uk if you pull a gun on somebody you have to use it or you are dead, try living on costa del sol mate, man up!!!
I did live there.. No different than anywhere else really.. People kill.. not things, unless they suddenly have a life of their own and jump up and start a murderous spree. In the end it is down to the person.. But this is a well worn argument and unlikely to solve anything or change anyone's mind. I step down and retain my personal preferences.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic