Belgian Guy in Trouble

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Belgian Guy in Trouble

Post by Austman »

Gentleman I personally spoke to the Belgium embassy yesterday in Bangkok. After I gave them his family members contact details, they said a person was admitted to calmette hospital on the 31st was pronounced dead on the 2nd and as yet has not been officially identified. If it is indeed Jacques Henri decrock a Belgium citizen They will endeavour to do their best to take care of the following proceedings Austman PS Jacques had no friends in the African community that I knew of.
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Austman wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:35 am Gentleman I personally spoke to the Belgium embassy yesterday in Bangkok. After I gave them his family members contact details, they said a person was admitted to calmette hospital on the 31st was pronounced dead on the 2nd and as yet has not been officially identified. If it is indeed Jacques Henri decrock a Belgium citizen They will endeavour to do their best to take care of the following proceedings Austman PS Jacques had no friends in the African community that I knew of.
That is the point I am trying to make... They MAY have been Kenyan Good Samaritans phoning me but I doubt it. And 6 days later he is in the hospital.....

I wish I had done more, RIP
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:14 am They MAY have been Kenyan Good Samaritans phoning me but I doubt it. And 6 days later he is in the hospital.....

Well that suggests he really was in need of help, like they said.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Can you call them back and ask if Jack still needs help? I'm interested in hearing what they'd have to say at this point about what kind of help they said he needed.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:14 am
Austman wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:35 am Gentleman I personally spoke to the Belgium embassy yesterday in Bangkok. After I gave them his family members contact details, they said a person was admitted to calmette hospital on the 31st was pronounced dead on the 2nd and as yet has not been officially identified. If it is indeed Jacques Henri decrock a Belgium citizen They will endeavour to do their best to take care of the following proceedings Austman PS Jacques had no friends in the African community that I knew of.
That is the point I am trying to make... They MAY have been Kenyan Good Samaritans phoning me but I doubt it. And 6 days later he is in the hospital.....

I wish I had done more, RIP
Don't beat yourself up about it mate. I wouldn't have gone anywhere in the middle of the night to meet a load of Kenyans from GSM.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:06 am Can you call them back and ask if Jack still needs help? I'm interested in hearing what they'd have to say at this point about what kind of help they said he needed.
I am meeting my Khmer friend in 30 minutes as I am not certain the events are unrelated. I can't find answers as to the manner of his passing. It is unusual no media. As long as doubts exist in my mind I will be obliged to pass the details to the Belgian Consul. In addition, if some 'debt' existed I don't want some 'Africans' calling unannounced, shall we say... I am fairly easy to trace.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Don’t you have a big dog? Keep it close.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Thread could get spicier
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

fax wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm Don’t you have a big dog? Keep it close.
Pit Bulls are medium sized and she is very good.

I also have brigade 70, 911 and the NCTSF personnel wherever I go. Of course we are always armed :beer3:

The outcome of the meeting was to drop it and to pass the info to the Consul.

Low level drug user with a dodgy GF, and a tenuous connection to the African dealers preying on the unfortunate skid rowers down at GSM.

The ring is identified. The situation monitored. Nothing new, nothing change.

It's unfortunate and I am sad, but there are larger stakes

We offered all assistance but ultimately Jack chose the wrong path after we intervened.

RIP
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:28 pm
fax wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm Don’t you have a big dog? Keep it close.
Pit Bulls are medium sized and she is very good.

I also have brigade 70, 911 and the NCTSF personnel wherever I go. Of course we are always armed :beer3:

The outcome of the meeting was to drop it and to pass the info to the Consul.

Low level drug user with a dodgy GF, and a tenuous connection to the African dealers preying on the unfortunate skid rowers down at GSM.

The ring is identified. The situation monitored. Nothing new, nothing change.

It's unfortunate and I am sad, but there are larger stakes

We offered all assistance but ultimately Jack chose the wrong path after we intervened.

RIP
dogs don't mean shit unless they're trained and if they are mace is silent in the night. you have a brigade huh, head swollen much?
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic