Best places to get the sun in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Re: Best places to get the sun in PP

Post by Apexisto »

Thanks all. I'll check out the pool and I also found a nice beach the other side of the river. Literally no one there, expect some fisherman bouts and little boys begging money but otherwise it's the perfect, secluded spot the enjoy the sun!
John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:12 am It is sunny everyday here. You have to be really idiotic or suicidal to deliberately put yourself in the way of the sun's rays here.

Say that to the trees, plants and sun hungry sleeping cats that they are idiots and suicidals... and then enjoy heavy winter clothes like some other poor looking cambodian girls while they're riding their motorbikes... wish they learned to use mini-shirts (actually all mini and bikini) like their white counterparts!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Thanks, but that just shows your lack of awareness of climatic conditions and cultural norms. Women here often wear a long skirt while commuting, but it's just a velcro thing. My point being that people dress much more casually when they are in circumstances that they feel comfortable in. People who have lived here for thousands of years know that sunbathing is unnecessary and staying in the shade is. Survival techniques.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bobagubi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by bobagubi »

Singsling wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:20 pm
BR549 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:57 pm The pool is empty.
I saw people staring at you the other day

Is this photo from Cambodia? If so, where is it, and can we skate it?
សូមអរគុណសូមជំរាបលា។
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Apexisto wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:09 pm Thanks all. I'll check out the pool and I also found a nice beach the other side of the river. Literally no one there, expect some fisherman bouts and little boys begging money but otherwise it's the perfect, secluded spot the enjoy the sun!
John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:12 am
Say that to the trees, plants and sun hungry sleeping cats that they are idiots and suicidals...
I’ve never come across a sun hungry sleeping cat in Cambodia. Seems your body is in Cambodia but your mind is still lingering in a cold winter place.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Called at the Eden’s 3Mangos for the first time "not for the sun" but to have some sort of new years eve dinner. Very nice too.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Apexisto wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:09 pm Thanks all. I'll check out the pool and I also found a nice beach the other side of the river. Literally no one there, expect some fisherman bouts and little boys begging money but otherwise it's the perfect, secluded spot the enjoy the sun!
John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:12 am It is sunny everyday here. You have to be really idiotic or suicidal to deliberately put yourself in the way of the sun's rays here.

Say that to the trees, plants and sun hungry sleeping cats that they are idiots and suicidals... and then enjoy heavy winter clothes like some other poor looking cambodian girls while they're riding their motorbikes... wish they learned to use mini-shirts (actually all mini and bikini) like their white counterparts!
A nice beach on the other side of the river? In pp? Are you talking about the stretch of dirt near sokha hotel? Don't bathe in that water. Please don't.

Go to koh Rong sanloem, lazy and sunset beach are nice and clean. Make sure to apply sunscreen frequently. The sun is no joke in cambodia.

As for the khmer girls not wearing bikinis while riding their mopeds, this isn't Miami. Different culture. Cambodian people actually wear clothes when they go to the beach/ river. No g strings here.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I go on my balkony for two or three minutes in the morning to enjoy the morning sun and look over that nice park at the sofitel.
That is the only time that I purposely go into the sun.Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic