Let’s ban all guns and have world peace ...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: Let’s ban all guns and have world peace ...

Post by jovial fucher »

Let's ban religion instead. That's been the source of many wars, with or without guns.

As far as guns are concerned, no one in government will ever convince me that they have my safety and best interests in mind. You need guns to keep the politicians honest, relatively speaking.

If you want to get rid of gun violence, socially engineer the country back to a time when you only need one income to raise a family and one of the parents could stay with the children through the character building years.

I'll be over here, not holding my breath.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

And ban " Gangster Rap music " if you can call it music. :dragonchase:

Peace and love man.........Far out !!!!

Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

DaveG wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:49 am And ban " Gangster Rap music " if you can call it music. :dragonchase:

Peace and love man.........Far out !!!!

Well. Gangsta rap died over 20 years ago.

Since you're talking about gangsta rap, you should understand that it is actually a cry for help rather than the glorification of illegal activities.

I used to hate gangsta rap until I actually left my cozy suburban neighborhood and spent some time in south central LA talking to the community. It changed my life and made me want to help people, hence me moving to Cambodia.

I'm all for peace and love, but this world is far from being peaceful. The very people we tend to point fingers at are usually the victims.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:41 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 am Back on topic.

The original poster believed that if everyone was a Democrat (ie a member of the Democrat political party) the world would be instantly safe.

His issues were that there were no comprehensive background checks. Currently, people who buy guns are checked through the FBI. Many organizations do to share info with the FBI. Background checks such as those in California and New York include psychiatric evaluations, letters from the local police chief, mayor, and whatever hoops the state deems. He also bemoaned that there wasn’t a national gun registry. New York has a gun registry. And guess what? That registry was given to left winger who then promptly published it in the local paper. Now ever criminal and kook knows the name of every person, and where they live and who has a gun in their home. The more control, the more abuse of that control.

Gun ownership is a right in the Bill of Rights, part of the US Constitution, same as freedom of speech, religion, etc. The Constitution was written because the founders feared a big, intrusive government would stomp all over its citizens.

It wasn’t that long along ago that the government was forcing gun shops to sell automatic weapons to known gang members.

None of the gun grabbing schemes has ever been proven to prevent criminals from committing crimes. Criminals by definition do not obey the law. Be it carting off the armory of LA SWAT or other deeds.

What has been proven is responsible gun owners stopping a mass killing in a Texas church by shooting the murderer in the head.

Everyone should have the right to not carry gun. Just like everyone should have to right to not practice their religion. Or the right not to speak their mind. But please don’t deprive others of those rights as well.
1.criminals dont do background checks,
2. anyone can buy at a gun show...no background check...HUGE loophole
3. many of the shootings involving kids, the guns were LEGALLY purchased by an adult, BUT taken by the kids from UN-locked cabinets.
It wasn’t that long along ago that the government was forcing gun shops to sell automatic weapons to known gang members.
yea , right :please:

Education is the only key
PR is right on so many levels.

If you've been convicted of a violent crime, you can't purchase firearms. Even if it was a misdemeanor that was ultimately expunged. Criminals will find other ways to get weapons.

I bought several guns at gun shows simply because the process was easier. Your DL is enough to buy a full auto rifle with a 30round mag. Hell, my buddy in AZ got himself a tank at the big sandy shoot (which technically isn't even a gun show).

The government never forced gun shops to sell automatic weapons to gang members. That's complete horseshit.

I understand the vendetta against guns but that's just purely based on emotions. Why don't we look at all the cases were armed citizens prevented shootings from happening? Right. The media doesn't like to report that.

If you're dedicated enough, you can get a gun anywhere in the world. Even in places where gun control is very strict.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic