Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Anchor Moy »

Who cares, but good for them. British royalty has been a life sentence for too many of them. These two want to opt out and go their own way.
From Queen (haha).
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by BR549 »

Maybe they wanted to go to a dentist?
Or, catch some rays at the beach...go skiing...eat free range chicken...dry aged hormone free beef...organic vegetables.
Or just not be around a bunch of arrogant cunts.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:45 pm British royalty has been a life sentence for too many of them.
For the royals by birth probably yes but you'd think those that married into the family would be given an induction course on what it means being a future member of the royal family. And furthermore vetted by the matriarch and her officials.

Now given that, Meghan Markle must have known to a large degree what it would mean to enter a life of royal service...even if that meant a title, privilege and $$$$. But anyway, sounds like they are electing for a double life where they get their cake and eat it too.

Sarcasm dial turned...Image
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Whippdee fucking doo
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:04 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:45 pm British royalty has been a life sentence for too many of them.
For the royals by birth probably yes but you'd think those that married into the family would be given an induction course on what it means being a future member of the royal family. And furthermore vetted by the matriarch and her officials.
^Given that Harry's mother, (the Princess Diana who died amid a media frenzy), married into the family and suffered the consequences of her act; I think Harry has some idea about what a shit-fest the British royal family is for the tabloid media. I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to be part of that and wants a normal family life.
I'm presuming that he will give up his privileges and royal money and will live like the rest of us.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:22 pm I'm presuming that he will give up his privileges and royal money and will live like the rest of us.
This goes into some of it but they plan to split their time between Nth America and Frogmore Cottage in Windsor which is subject to the Queen's approval.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/how ... 53q0c.html
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I shouldn't worry too much about them, I am sure they won't be looking for 50 Cent beers down Sok San road.

Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Post by Ricky Shaw »

Who?
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:03 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:32 pm That American poontang makes limeys weak in the knees.
sure, all that pheasant, fillet mignon, etc
sometimes you just want a cheap and nasty burger
I read that she was the town bike in Hollywood, fucking people that matter. When the Prince came along, she dropped people like flies.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

jovial fucher wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:30 pm
Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:03 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:32 pm That American poontang makes limeys weak in the knees.
sure, all that pheasant, fillet mignon, etc
sometimes you just want a cheap and nasty burger
I read that she was the town bike in Hollywood, fucking people that matter. When the Prince came along, she dropped people like flies.
That's classy. I'm sure that Harry was a virgin too. :wink:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic