Surachat claims shots at his car were related to a 2 billion baht Immigration purchase

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Surachat claims shots at his car were related to a 2 billion baht Immigration purchase

Post by phuketrichard »

I know this was mentioned somewhere else,but cant find it.. Just another business deal

Thailand’s former immigration supremo, Surachat Hakparn, spoke to the media yesterday about the bullets fired into his car on Monday night. He was not in the car at the time.

He speculated confidently that the shots fired at the white Lexus SUV, parked near a massage establishment in Patpong, Bangkok, were connected to a two billion baht purchase of a biometric system for Thai airports. Surachat passed over documents relating to the biometric system purchase to police while being questioned at Bang Rak police station on Tuesday.
A motorcyclist and pillion rider were caught on CCTV shooting at Surachat’s parked Lexus. The gunman, sitting on the back on the bike, appears to shoot eight times into the vehicle at about 8pm on Monday night. The bullets all ended up in the lower part of the car doors, most in the front part of the rear door.
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/s ... n-purchase
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Surachat claims shots at his car were related to a 2 billion baht Immigration purchase

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Fascinating case on so many levels :
1) What does the govt organisation chart look like from his former position upwards. I'm guessing National Police Chief, Home Secretary, ( Prawit - Deputy Prime Minister, Prayut - Prime Minister.

2) Given he was Prawit's boy through his career progression who ultimately sanctioned his removal and what does that say about this case.

3) When someone as prominent as this gets removed from a key position and his bosses provide no public statements as to why, and similarly no comment on a high profile shooting in a prime Bangkok area what does that say.

4) The powers that be expect us to believe they can successfully track down terrorists blowing up a shrine in Central Bangkok but not those in a shooting related to such a prominent high level govt security officer - lol

5) Why on earth would the National Corruption Body's review of the Biometrics deal have no current plans to interview the main man in charge when he felt it should be cancelled - that really is bizarre.

5) What " business " interests does he currently have and what was the nature of his business meeting in a nearby hotel. I remember the previous National Police Chief, ( in charge of the Koh Tao whitewash, revealed as the key "influential" person receiving 10m baht in the Chiang Rai underage brothel/trafficking scandal - oh how that case died a death and now head of the lucrative Thai Football Association position ), commenting his main job was only part-time to his private stock-broking lol.

6) Most importantly was he really in a business meeting in a nearby hotel or getting an oily happy ending as initially reported.

I must admit I thought he got the heave because of the other immigration scams he was exposing - selling of VIP channel tickets, immigration officers at the airport moonlighting in other business, intention to end agent visa related corruption in Immigration offices. Completely missed the big one.

Come on Big Joke do a Serpico and spill the beans.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
adders28
Expatriate

Re: Surachat claims shots at his car were related to a 2 billion baht Immigration purchase

Post by adders28 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:38 am Fascinating case on so many levels :
1) What does the govt organisation chart look like from his former position upwards. I'm guessing National Police Chief, Home Secretary, ( Prawit - Deputy Prime Minister, Prayut - Prime Minister.

2) Given he was Prawit's boy through his career progression who ultimately sanctioned his removal and what does that say about this case.

3) When someone as prominent as this gets removed from a key position and his bosses provide no public statements as to why, and similarly no comment on a high profile shooting in a prime Bangkok area what does that say.

4) The powers that be expect us to believe they can successfully track down terrorists blowing up a shrine in Central Bangkok but not those in a shooting related to such a prominent high level govt security officer - lol

5) Why on earth would the National Corruption Body's review of the Biometrics deal have no current plans to interview the main man in charge when he felt it should be cancelled - that really is bizarre.

5) What " business " interests does he currently have and what was the nature of his business meeting in a nearby hotel. I remember the previous National Police Chief, ( in charge of the Koh Tao whitewash, revealed as the key "influential" person receiving 10m baht in the Chiang Rai underage brothel/trafficking scandal - oh how that case died a death and now head of the lucrative Thai Football Association position ), commenting his main job was only part-time to his private stock-broking lol.

6) Most importantly was he really in a business meeting in a nearby hotel or getting an oily happy ending as initially reported.

I must admit I thought he got the heave because of the other immigration scams he was exposing - selling of VIP channel tickets, immigration officers at the airport moonlighting in other business, intention to end agent visa related corruption in Immigration offices. Completely missed the big one.

karma is great , shame they missed re koh tao and putting out arrest warrants on my friends and also the raped girl, horrible man, been speaking to the girls mum sarah made her day! her daughter has still not got over the trauma! I think he will hang by sock very soon
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

adders28 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:23 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:38 am Fascinating case on so many levels :

karma is great , shame they missed re koh tao and putting out arrest warrants on my friends and also the raped girl, horrible man, been speaking to the girls mum sarah made her day! her daughter has still not got over the trauma! I think he will hang by sock very soon
The plot thickens , dead man walking
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crim ... -shooting/
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:54 am I know this was mentioned somewhere else,but cant find it.. Just another business deal

Thailand’s former immigration supremo, Surachat Hakparn, spoke to the media yesterday about the bullets fired into his car on Monday night. He was not in the car at the time.

He speculated confidently that the shots fired at the white Lexus SUV, parked near a massage establishment in Patpong, Bangkok, were connected to a two billion baht purchase of a biometric system for Thai airports. Surachat passed over documents relating to the biometric system purchase to police while being questioned at Bang Rak police station on Tuesday.
A motorcyclist and pillion rider were caught on CCTV shooting at Surachat’s parked Lexus. The gunman, sitting on the back on the bike, appears to shoot eight times into the vehicle at about 8pm on Monday night. The bullets all ended up in the lower part of the car doors, most in the front part of the rear door.
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/s ... n-purchase
we think much more to it! somebody abroad wants him kept quiet or dead, now who could that be? look in munich
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow,this is escalating....
Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang has gone on the attack against former bureau chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn who claimed that corruption in the procurement of the IB's biometrics system was behind the shooting of his car on Monday.

In strong language the chief known in the Thai press as Big Oud slammed his predecessor for blaming the 2 billion baht system and even took aim at the self-styled Big Joke for trying to divert attention away from his own personal problems, reported Daily News.
Like him or loathe him the charismatic policeman's opinions still hold strong sway in the press and Thai public and Monday's shooting - both described as just a threat and an assassination attempt - has only served to stoke the fires regarding his views and his removal from power.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/114257 ... I3qLQFeGI4
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am wow,this is escalating....
Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang has gone on the attack against former bureau chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn who claimed that corruption in the procurement of the IB's biometrics system was behind the shooting of his car on Monday.

In strong language the chief known in the Thai press as Big Oud slammed his predecessor for blaming the 2 billion baht system and even took aim at the self-styled Big Joke for trying to divert attention away from his own personal problems, reported Daily News.
Like him or loathe him the charismatic policeman's opinions still hold strong sway in the press and Thai public and Monday's shooting - both described as just a threat and an assassination attempt - has only served to stoke the fires regarding his views and his removal from power.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/114257 ... I3qLQFeGI4
he knows too much but has also upset so many people, i predict he will disappear very soon.... if vaj wants him dead then he gone
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

So the concerted media blitz is all about how great the biometric system is and not the progress in the manhunt to catch the shooters relating to a high ranking public security official. Nuff said. The corrupt vested interests close ranks. That bugged phone call from Chakinda directing his deputy to steer clear of attracting media attention was classic. Co-incidence he happens to go on holiday overseas just before the shooting ?

Highly unusual for Thai officialdom to wash their dirty laundry so publicly which is what makes this case so interesting. I really hope Big Joke continues to ratchet up the heat, he may as well as I guess he's surely a dead man walking now.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 pm So the concerted media blitz is all about how great the biometric system is and not the progress in the manhunt to catch the shooters relating to a high ranking public security official. Nuff said. The corrupt vested interests close ranks. That bugged phone call from Chakinda directing his deputy to steer clear of attracting media attention was classic. Co-incidence he happens to go on holiday overseas just before the shooting ?

Highly unusual for Thai officialdom to wash their dirty laundry so publicly which is what makes this case so interesting. I really hope Big Joke continues to ratchet up the heat, he may as well as I guess he's surely a dead man walking now.
there is a lot more too it! so much BS from thai media, different story every day...
going to be interesting
i think he dead man walking too, apparently prayut saved him.. thai contact spoke to me today!
if prayut upsets vaj its game over
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Big joke has done a runner left thailand, did say more to it vaj wants him dead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic