Rapey Kampot Druggies

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Rapey Kampot Druggies

Post by Anchor Moy »

explorer wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:37 pm It is sad that people come here to share information and others just make fun of them.

Whether you believe her story or not, I would advise girls travelling to Cambodia to be smart and careful.
I would advise anyone traveling anywhere to be smart and careful.
And FWIW, whether we believe this story or not, people traveling alone need to be particularly cautious about the friends that they make and the drugs that they take.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

[Admin Edit: Guys, please cut out the attacks of fellow members. We really don't need that here. Thanks.]
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

[Admin Edit: Guys, please cut out the attacks of fellow members. We really don't need that here. Thanks.]
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
JaninaBrown
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by JaninaBrown »

The Kampot media mafia are responsible for depicting it as a trouble-free zone on FB, which is pure BS marketing, and shameful. Prostitution is too good a descriptor.They have deleted facts, and by doing so, defended rapists and murderers.

The problem with Cambodia is depicted as being with Khmers. In reality, expat scum are complicit, too.

:voilent4:
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Ruddy heck
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
ryan.hicks
Tourist
United States of America

Post by ryan.hicks »

So late to this party but that's called psychosis.
It can be brought on by any drug. Especially drugs like LSD MDMA or meth/speed. I'm pretty well versed in that universe and from everything I have read it sounds like a clear case of drug induced psychosis. If it would have eneded that night then that is one thing. The pure fact that it owered her to different areas and across continents is a clear sign of psychosis. Hope she got help.
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

I just Googled the Dark Side of Kampot website that the person involved setup just to see if there were any updates but it seems like it has been taken down.
Not sure about the whole story but it seemed to me too be a bit too far fetched to be fully 100%.
Don't suppose that we will ever know what happened to her but I hope she got some kind of help eventually, seems like she needed it.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kahuna wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:49 pm I just Googled the Dark Side of Kampot website that the person involved setup just to see if there were any updates but it seems like it has been taken down.
Not sure about the whole story but it seemed to me too be a bit too far fetched to be fully 100%.
Don't suppose that we will ever know what happened to her but I hope she got some kind of help eventually, seems like she needed it.
It maybe that it was there long enough for her benefit.....

I have put some words together from many of your posts of this thread, hope no one has a problem with this and the following, because I see here, we have a classic, well I for one suspect it is to be so in this case.
Games! of one kind or another, We, If I may will play the game on, just for a little time, I can play the sceptic, and maybe with some cause, it could be that the woman is scorned, or could it be that it did it really happen like she said? Being that to some readers, you of few were the accused, she was the girl alone that you had taken advantage of. If “you” the guest house manager or that of staff, and her good friends, how would you think, if this all took place in your own countries, and she was to report to the incidents to the authorities, with police questioning your accused actions toward her, and she being made out vulnerable by that of your supposed actions, accused of your doings to her, by her own claims.
But it didn’t, it was probably the case to all “what the hell is happening”, then she was gone, you are left with minds ticking over about the whole messy situation. Who was playing the game, and why?
The claim of having her food and drinks spiked by that of her paid service to her hosts. friends, the people whom she put her trust in, who should have been the very people that should have cared for her safety and wellbeing, weirdos and druggies fed her a cocktail of LSD MDMA and meth/speed.
It was said of her, that her behaviour is somewhat psychotic.
She began the threats about 3 days later and the police were notified, that she has anger issues because what had happened to her, In "almost lawless" Cambodia. Being that she could not turn to the police and law, it could have turned out bad for her if she took that route.
Unfortunate for her but I'm also glad to hear that nobody believed her nonsense, that kind of accusations can lead to a lot of trouble for individuals and businesses.

I wouldn't take credence of her story.

The victims last reply -

You men can’t imagine the overcoming for a woman to share such a story with the world. What a woman would post so much intimate stuff about herself. Or try to fight for justice? A paranoid woman? A woman who is just trying to fuck a business? Bla bla! BULLSHIT!!
A strong woman who almost became a victim!!
These people have given me hard drugs that I didn´t take. I was overdosed and almost died. They have committed a personal injury and have violated my human rights and privacy.

If it happened to be the same girl (and it may not have been) who approached me in a restaurant before she departed for Kampot, thinking I was someone else, but as it happens, I knew the someone else. I told her who I was, and I knew her friend, she sat down with me at the table, but the guy who was with her was not too happy with her talking to me. She had already had many drinks beforehand, so it was not long before she was telling me of the tale. She had returned to thank the guy who she thought I was him, because he had told her of what he was doing, and she should give it a try herself.
Why was she here in Cambodia, she had already travelled half of the world in stages beforehand, and quite a few places before getting here, but it must work on time stages for the first three years. I suspect you unexpecting people of Kampot were to be her alibi and the cause of her unfortunate situation of her now drug dependency with side effects that were caused by what people had put her through so much trauma with the drug ordeal she now had so many mental illness issues on her return to her own country. Classic schizophrenic symptoms. Paranoid disturbed delusional and has anger issues, and drug dependency. She can’t work because of her many issues, and they can’t make her work because she could be a danger to fellow workers, so its benefits, such as incapacity, she only has to convince the government doctors of her situation. But she had been doing this for six months before, and met the guy from here in drug rehabilitation. Its good benefit money that lets these people travel to where they want.

Game over.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
wolfspunk666
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by wolfspunk666 »

I just came across this a few days ago, when i was on a booking page for accomondations in Kampot.
Webarchive have captured the site, so it`s still possible to read the story.
After i googled a bit i found similar stories from years ago.
Just google "Mystery Deaths Kampot" and you will find similar cases.
It even have an entry on the wikipedia site about Kampot (city) where it says that the kampot police is also involved.

At the end, nobody knows what really happened in the guesthouses there.
It just leaves a "bitter taste" and maybe it`s better to stay away from some places in Kampot. :chin:
Inzman
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Inzman »

Don’t do drugs kids 😏
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic