Man Shot Dead in Happiness Restaurant, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Shot Dead in Happiness Restaurant, Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News,(Phnom Penh): It has been reported that a man was shot earlier this morning, on January 9, 2020, at Street 63, Daun Penh District, Phnom Penh.
The preliminary report says that at 4:30am, an unidentified man came into Happiness Restaurant and used a pistol to shoot another unidentified man who was sitting at a table. The victim died on the spot. More details later.
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man Shot Dead in Happiness Restaurant, Phnom Penh (UPDATED)

UPDATE : The victim of the shooting has been identified on Khmer social media as a local Phnom Penh DJ, known as DJ mini.
More details will be posted as they become available.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Man Shot Dead in Happiness Restaurant, Phnom Penh

Post by Marty »

That restaurant should be renamed: Unhappiness Restaurant.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

He obviously upset someone :shock: :shock:
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Marty wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:43 am That restaurant should be renamed: Unhappiness Restaurant.
Great joke
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

DaveG wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:52 am He obviously upset someone :shock: :shock:
Or someones husband/boyfriend.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Update so far.
The victim, known as DJ mini

Phnom Penh: The latest report says that the victim and the killer arrived at the restaurant together. The killer pushed the DJ into a chair at a table, then took out a pistol and shot him. He abandoned the weapon on the restaurant floor and fled the scene on a motorbike.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Should be some CCTV in there, and take away the glass on the left for fingerprints and interrogate the wifi router .

PS Never been arrested so do they take and have a fingerprint database here ??????

:shock:
Last edited by DaveG on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Don't know if they have a fingerprints db, but the gun will also have fingerprints.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

DaveG wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:25 am PS Never been arrested here so do they take and have a fingerprint database here ??????

In all seriousness that's a good question.

I had to have my prints taken locally 2 years ago so that I could send them off for an FBI background check. I went to some ministry and a guy took my prints. They had the ink, cards, the whole shebang. I wonder if they have the resources to take digital prints as well and maintain a database.

Maybe when @Felgerkarb wakes from dreams of motor-boating Christy Canyon, he can shed some light, if any.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic