Human rights or lack off in lieland

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Human rights or lack off in lieland

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:53 pm OK it's clear there are 2 opposing views on Thailand. I suggest you both respect the other's view and keep it civil going forward and not resort to personal attacks and name calling. The topic is human rights and the OP's link refers to human trafficking there...let's stick to that, otherwise I lock this topic.
What???? You seriously need to evaluate your moderating consistency. If individual posters can't maintain civility then as always, ( and as you have done with me in the past), they should be the ones you take action against not locking a perfectly valid thread.

I am surprised at PR's reaction as he is usually one to advocate strongly in favour of someone putting him on ignore if they don't like his opinion, he should do the same if he doesn't like the perfectly valid discussion points Adders28 is airing.

Let's encourage new posters not attempt to silence them because their views upset longer standing posters. I think there is a big difference between the useless drivel oof BeerInTheMorning and Adders.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:32 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:53 pm OK it's clear there are 2 opposing views on Thailand. I suggest you both respect the other's view and keep it civil going forward and not resort to personal attacks and name calling. The topic is human rights and the OP's link refers to human trafficking there...let's stick to that, otherwise I lock this topic.
What???? You seriously need to evaluate your moderating consistency. If individual posters can't maintain civility then as always, ( and as you have done with me in the past), they should be the ones you take action against not locking a perfectly valid thread.

I am surprised at PR's reaction as he is usually one to advocate strongly in favour of someone putting him on ignore if they don't like his opinion, he should do the same if he doesn't like the perfectly valid discussion points Adders28 is airing.

Let's encourage new posters not attempt to silence them because their views upset longer standing posters. I think there is a big difference between the useless drivel oof BeerInTheMorning and Adders.
Point taken CC. My last sentence was meant for members in general (not just PR and Adders) and I should've used a paragraph mark to highlight that. Sometimes, when a couple of members are bickering off topic, other members may pile in on that and the topic gets derailed. Hence I try to be the circuit breaker to get it back on topic.

I agree Adder's topic is potentially a good one for discussion and def don't want to stifle it. Carry on.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Point taken CC. My last sentence was meant for members in general (not just PR and Adders) and I should've used a paragraph mark to highlight that. Sometimes, when a couple of members are bickering off topic, other members may pile in on that and the topic gets derailed. Hence I try to be the circuit breaker to get it back on topic.

I agree Adder's topic is potentially a good one for discussion and def don't want to stifle it. Carry on.
I will post any more updates and write something too! keep the masses happy
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

we been here before re the king! anyway is everybody missing pieman or something lol
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

he should do the same if he doesn't like the perfectly valid discussion points Adders28 is airing.
First, i dont want start a fight or attack anyone. I dont object to his post and i know all about this, as does every expat that lives here. Burmese & Cambodians have been trafficked in the fishing, agriculture & bar industry, forever BUT it is getting better. Human trafficking has been going on in thailand since, well since thailand has been a country, ( much of Issan is populated by Khmers/Laotions trafficked over). Most of SE asia has very poor human trafficking reports, look at Burma, Cambodia, China, Nepal etc etc)

What i object to his is re posting of Andres tweets and claiming andrew knows all the inside story of what is going on and has gone on in Thailand, even thou i posted comments about andrews book where they disputed his writings. Andrew is very one sided in his views of Thailand an of course every dissident will put Thailand in a bad light, ( isn't this true around the world?)

Plus his BS claims i work for the TAT :please:

I will be the first to admit Thailand has problems and always had

As to the current situation an *ing, it is what it is, an does anyone think for one minute that things will change? Yes people are upset, but thai people are very subservient to authority, believe that the rich are above most of them and the law and can get away with whatever and they accept corruption as normal.

The *ing has consolidated his power, has liquidated all the crown properties an taken them over as his own, has his own private army now, do you think he will let anyone or anything upset his apple cart?

Hey Jake, its Thailand town

Carry on
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:53 am
he should do the same if he doesn't like the perfectly valid discussion points Adders28 is airing.
First, i dont want start a fight or attack anyone. I dont object to his post and i know all about this, as does every expat that lives here. Burmese & Cambodians have been trafficked in the fishing, agriculture & bar industry, forever BUT it is getting better. Human trafficking has been going on in thailand since, well since thailand has been a country, ( much of Issan is populated by Khmers/Laotions trafficked over). Most of SE asia has very poor human trafficking reports, look at Burma, Cambodia, China, Nepal etc etc)

What i object to his is re posting of Andres tweets and claiming andrew knows all the inside story of what is going on and has gone on in Thailand, even thou i posted comments about andrews book where they disputed his writings. Andrew is very one sided in his views of Thailand an of course every dissident will put Thailand in a bad light, ( isn't this true around the world?)

Plus his BS claims i work for the TAT :please:

I will be the first to admit Thailand has problems and always had

As to the current situation an *ing, it is what it is, an does anyone think for one minute that things will change? Yes people are upset, but thai people are very subservient to authority, believe that the rich are above most of them and the law and can get away with whatever and they accept corruption as normal.

The *ing has consolidated his power, has liquidated all the crown properties an taken them over as his own, has his own private army now, do you think he will let anyone or anything upset his apple cart?

Hey Jake, its Thailand town

Carry on
firstly you always attack anybody that slags off your precious thailand, as for AMM how can he post names of contacts at palace, are you so naive,they would be dead , seems you have a real issue with a man who the army hassled his wife and 8year old kid! disgusting! he wrote a book with sources just not all names, i doubt you even read it!!! Goi is dead by the way!! did you know? tortured in prison under palace, evil king
anyway more re human rights here
https://news.yahoo.com/thai-journalist- ... R5wIa4uahc
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Dead or assumed ? Your post "More news coming in about Goi, we think she is dead. but not killed thai style no socks or oil drums, no confirmation as yet will post if get only this bad screenshot/translation ...."
:facepalm:
topic30993-100.html
who is we??
Andrew MacGregor Marshall
@zenjournalist
None of my sources can verify if Koi is dead. Everybody has heard rumours, but I think it’s probably not true. However, she’s been jailed and her house demolished
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:55 am Dead or assumed ? Your post "More news coming in about Goi, we think she is dead. but not killed thai style no socks or oil drums, no confirmation as yet will post if get only this bad screenshot/translation ...."
:facepalm:
topic30993-100.html
who is we??
Andrew MacGregor Marshall
@zenjournalist
None of my sources can verify if Koi is dead. Everybody has heard rumours, but I think it’s probably not true. However, she’s been jailed and her house demolished
wassana editor of royal gazette, ann norman, aum nekon, your best pal AMM, etc
stop trying to bait me!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic