Jack from Belgium. (Nick's Bar) is dead. RIP

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Feelgood
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Jack from Belgium. (Nick's Bar) is dead. RIP

Post by Feelgood »

SWEETLEMON wrote
Jack
Was not a victim on this site...
...was advised by multiple posters to go home to Belgium.
Yeah, and he was also advised where to get off
And Trolled mercifully. A man who was extremely vulnerable.
Thanks SCROOGE LEMON
I don't give a rat's ass what Jerks think of me who are obviously a step away from skid row themselves.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:06 am It all depends on the circles you move in. The Daun Penh neighborhood is full of desperadoes. 172, 136, 104 an 51 are all packed with creepy fuck-ups who think they are living the Phnom Penh life. Most people I know live far from that area. Some of us might come into the Riverside the odd time to hit whatever restaurant or bar but generally stay away from that area. It's funny when people talk about bubbles when the only experience they have is living in one of the most obvious ones.
Exactly this. The point being Pieman thinks everyone here is the same as those he knew from his time going from one 50 cent beer bar to the other across 136/130/172 and therefore a find should be set aside as we are all on the brink of financial disaster. As JB points out many don't live around that area much less frequent it these days. Save for a trip to Larry's or Garage once in a while I rarely go there.

Additionally most people I know are settled and have good jobs and know how to save money and are far from being destitute and would have the family or friends to assist if they were in a pinch.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

i dont think that at all there are desperadoes evertwhere in pp,ive drank in score,basac lane koh pich not for me,everyman for himself.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

This is some poor soul's death thread.

Not a place for you tossers to play, "My hangout spot and friends are better than your hangout spot and friends."
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Back on topic: I'm beginning to wonder why there are no reports of his death anywhere, except for the OP. I mean, the way he was apparently living should have made headlines like "Foreigner found dead on the street" or similar. Nothing...

Who can confirm the news as reported by OP?
Fitz
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Fitz »

Before the known XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXX gentlemen derail this thread again:
Independent confirmation could be obtained from:
The Belgian honorary consul of Cambodia, Mr Thierry Dalimier, phone (+855) 12 840 056
The Belgian embassy in Bangkok
Calamet hospital
The Immigration Police in Sorya
Or generally every other holier-than-thou alcoholic that saw him on the ground before he was carried away, That is if they can remember that evening.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Fitz wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:04 am Or generally every other holier-than-thou alcoholic that saw him on the ground before he was carried away
And that's exactly why this normally would have been reported elsewhere, as it always is, except in this particular case.
Fitz
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Fitz »

frizzie77 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:26 am
this normally would have been reported
Lots of people die here without it being "reported".
Just call the consul if you are that curious about your old pal Jack. Just let him wake up first, it is 2.30am in Cambodia after all. I am certain he's got a regular life to attend to, unlike some others.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Fitz wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:37 am

Lots of people die here without it being "reported".
Especially if they die in hospital.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

im sure the happy lucky guy i knew from snooky all them yrs ago will be killing himself laughing at the chaos on this thread,Jack was a larger than life character who calles a spade a spade,good on ya.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic