Protesters Clash With Security Guards in Capital

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Protesters Clash With Security Guards in Capital

Post by Joker Poker »

This stuff is not going away.

Eighteen land rights protesters from Preah Vihear province were injured during a clash with district security guards in Phnom Penh on Monday after they attempted to deliver a petition at Prime Minister HE’s house, a rights group said.

More in the CD:

http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/prote ... enh-70393/
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Protesters Clash With Security Guards in Capital

Post by General Mackevili »

Joker Poker wrote:This stuff is not going away.
Yeah, true that. There is so many articles about this and "garment workers demand higher wages" that I never know if I've read it before or not, LoL.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I was at that protest, and the police outnumbered the protesters 10 to 1. Would have taken a photo but it was only a small protest.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

These protesters dont know what they are asking for...reminds me of the occupy wall st crowed. Stupidity to the upmost degree. Nobody is ever satisfied or know when to stop. These factory owners already have a huge plan B. From insider sources I can tell you...they can pack up and push off in a very short notice. There are many great grounds to open up shop nearby. The bigger problem is again and say this to all Khmer...Chinese businesses who piss on you and piss on your country but you take it on the face and enjoy it. :ROFL: Ohhh But VIETNAM!!! THEY TAKE EVERYTHING!! Okay but if your ass was in the hole again Aint gonna be China throwing you a life line...or Thailand. In fact them will stand by and watch your ship go down.

There needs to be a balance between what is so called "human rights" and sanity.

I do understand the hatred though...duel Visa's...Khmer cannot do business in Vietnam but Vietnam can come into Cambodia....the energy supply also.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Pleez, at least take the time to read the article before you reply, it has nothing to do with garment workers or Occupy Wall St: :dm:
The protesters are from a community of 253 families that have been forced to relocate from the area surrounding Preah Vihear temple.
The naivety of the protesters is quite touching (and infuriating):
Chan Ponleu, 18, one of the protesters from Preah Vihear, said he had simply been seeking answers to why his family had been forced off the land they farmed for decades when he was clubbed over the head and shocked with a stun gun.

I was only yelling for Samdech [HE] to help, not so the security guards would beat me,” he said.
Bad choice kid. Why would he help you? Try yelling for the tooth fairy next time. O:-) Might have more luck.

Otherwise, agree with JP: "This stuff is not going away." People are becoming frustrated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic