U.S takes on Iran

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Re: U.S takes on Iran

Post by Isaanbarang »

A dozen ballistic missiles fired into 2 US military bases in Iraq. Tehran warns any US allies they will be attacked if US bases in their country are used in an attack against Iran. Fox News reports
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

and so it begins
WASHINGTON — Iran launched attacks on U.S. military bases in Iraq on Tuesday evening in apparent retaliation for the killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, which was ordered by President Trump.

According to a statement from the Department of Defense, the attacks began at approximately 5:30 p.m. EST.

“Iran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against U.S. military and coalition forces in Iraq. It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. military and coalition personnel at Al-Asad and Erbil,” the statement said.
https://news.yahoo.com/iran-fires-missi ... 58265.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Surely, the Americans anticipated a tit for tat retaliatory attack and had all their bases on heightened alert, and shot down the missiles preventing any casualties.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:14 am Surely, the Americans anticipated a tit for tat retaliatory attack and had all their bases on heightened alert, and shot down the missiles preventing any casualties.
No casualties? Speculation or reported? All I see on the news is intense jet fighter action over Baghdad and that the Pres is monitoring the situation.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Listening in msnbc;
the US president and any officials have not said ON WORD

12 missiles in 2 attacks
OK, the Iranians have gained some face, (and said if the US does nothing they will NOT do anything else)
BUT......
NOW what will Trump do??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Isaanbarang wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:28 am
Username Taken wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:14 am Surely, the Americans anticipated a tit for tat retaliatory attack and had all their bases on heightened alert, and shot down the missiles preventing any casualties.
No casualties? Speculation or reported? All I see on the news is intense jet fighter action over Baghdad and that the Pres is monitoring the situation.
Why are you questioning me?

You're the one who reported it 5 posts back, "A dozen ballistic missiles fired into 2 US military bases in Iraq".
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:19 am
Isaanbarang wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:28 am
Why are you questioning me?

You're the one who reported it 5 posts back, "A dozen ballistic missiles fired into 2 US military bases in Iraq".
"shot down the missiles and prevented any casualties", I don t see that reported anywhere, that is why I asked. I apologize, "surely" should have been enough notice that it was speculation or wishful thinking, and to be honest my desire as well.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Soleimani Killed on Diplomatic Mission to Iraq to Receive Trump-Pompeo Missive

i don't know how trustworthy this source is, i suspect 'not at all'
still, there could be some truth to this, it's a pretty low tactic if so

monstra mihi bona!
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Trump assassinated man brokering peace (reduced tension) in Persian Gulf

again, if true
terrorist or not, he was on a US urged diplomatic mission when assassinated
america can kiss goodbye to any future 'peace broker' roles

monstra mihi bona!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

So iran has struck back. 22 IBM according to some press reports, so doubtful there are no casualties. the suprising thing is there have been no claims yet of any of the missiles being intercepted. So was trump caught flatfooted or is it that he has no effective defence against IBM's. If he is not careful the next step will be an uprising in Iraq and a new IS stronghold is born. That man is the biggest risk to peace on the planet at the moment
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic