Building in Kep.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Building in Kep.

Post by Anchor Moy »

Well done Whiteribbon, and thanks for sharing your house-building experience.
Very cool and generous of you. You seem to have attracted some (architectural ) admirers. I would take that as a compliment.

When's the house-warming party ? :beer3:
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

As above. Besides the great design, which pretenders will always try to emulate, it was great you shared the entire process of the build. A great insight into building here with a professional outfit managing the build, as De Axis appear to be.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Thanks all. And sure I don't mind criticism at all, but don't be backhanded PR.
House warming will be when I actually live there, no pictures allowed ;) Still waiting for the arrival of curtains and stuff. Free barbeque but you'll have to bring a bottle of booze!
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Just got in some beautiful pictures from my architects, they brought in the furniture from my old house but still looks great I think!

ImageImage
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Thank you all for watching my building effort in Kep but I still now get around 3 private messages a week about it on Facebook. I don’t mind but how do you figure out what my Facebook name is? I’d like to know 🧐
just noise, white noise
peacock777
Expatriate
China

Post by peacock777 »

Jack.R. wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:06 pm Yes, a few times for myself, I have also been involved with local and Chinese construction companies a number of times.
If you want to ask some questions regarding containing cost or construction techniques and materials I could help you but since you delegated the purchase of materials and hiring of workers to your builders I don't think that I can do very much.
Your property is not very far from my land, i own a corner plot on main road close to cmk bank, rusty kep and the public school so I am glad to see more people investing around there so if you need help with something feel free to ask, especially if you want to know about cost of materials or prefabricated elements for example if you fancy the idea of your 500$/m2 luxury home to be looking like the Colosseum (while paying less than the locally available Chinese marble) I can even get you a container or Roman travertine delivered to kep :D .
Hi Jack, I saw this thread too late, it's been years, are you still in Cambodia. I'm planning to build a Khmer style wooden house, I was wondering if you are still reachable for advice. Thanks.
Haijun
I always tried to be correct, not politically correct. :hattip:
peacock777
Expatriate
China

Post by peacock777 »

whiteribbon wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:18 pm Thank you all for watching my building effort in Kep but I still now get around 3 private messages a week about it on Facebook. I don’t mind but how do you figure out what my Facebook name is? I’d like to know 🧐
Hi Whiteribbon, I tried to click on your name and it got me to your profile page, there I could see a link to your facebook profile which I also clicked and it led me to a page called "villa kun" which I would say I had the honour of staying there for two nights a few months ago.

By the way I'm planning to build a Khmer style wooden house in outskirts Phnom Penh, that was how I came across your thread. I have enjoyed reading it, thanks.
I always tried to be correct, not politically correct. :hattip:
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

@whiteribbon Would love to hear how life has gone in the new house? Does building start to show any age yet? Any problems? And would be interesting to see how the garden looks now days. Anything you would have done/planned differently?

Also how expensive is the pool upkeep (electricity etc.)?
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

peacock777 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:08 am
Jack.R. wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:06 pm Yes, a few times for myself, I have also been involved with local and Chinese construction companies a number of times.
If you want to ask some questions regarding containing cost or construction techniques and materials I could help you but since you delegated the purchase of materials and hiring of workers to your builders I don't think that I can do very much.
Your property is not very far from my land, i own a corner plot on main road close to cmk bank, rusty kep and the public school so I am glad to see more people investing around there so if you need help with something feel free to ask, especially if you want to know about cost of materials or prefabricated elements for example if you fancy the idea of your 500$/m2 luxury home to be looking like the Colosseum (while paying less than the locally available Chinese marble) I can even get you a container or Roman travertine delivered to kep :D .
Hi Jack, I saw this thread too late, it's been years, are you still in Cambodia. I'm planning to build a Khmer style wooden house, I was wondering if you are still reachable for advice. Thanks.
Haijun
Still around.
K1m0
Tourist
Canada

Post by K1m0 »

Could you please send me the details of this company that was building your house? I would appreciate it a lot! thanks!
[/quote]

If you would have read the posts you would have seen the company I used. Why? Are you building in Kep? For a small percentage I can help you out ;)
[/quote]

Sorry! I was sure that I had read all the posts very carefully. I came across only the name of architects, not the name of construction company. I am not going to build in Kep, but planning to build on Koh Rong.
[/quote]

Hey, no problem, I thought I mentioned it before but it might be confusing. I actually use and signed De-Axis design as my contractors, they are the ones that coordinate and execute my whole build from start to finish. Currently they are using 5builds Phnom Penh LTD for the main construction but are using different companies for other stages.
[/quote]

Wow, your place looks fantastic. Just a quick question if I may, 5builds is at 70B, 199, Tumnob Tuek, Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh? I seem to have found a few different addresses listed. An expat friend is building in Kampot, so I'll mention your resources to help him out, with hat tip to you.

Cheers!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic