Top 10 Creepiest Cambodian Murders involving Foreigners

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brewer
Expatriate

Re: Top 10 Creepiest Cambodian Murders involving Foreigners

Post by Brewer »

Ong Tay wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:51 am How about the case regarding Dave Walker in SR:http://www.davewalkercase.com/
That's the one that jumped to mind. What probably makes it more salient for me is that I was in town at the time of his disappearance, was a regular patron at a friend's bar/resto on Sok San, saw the posters appealing for information and was asked by a friend of his if I'd seen him recently.

Unfortunately, not only had I not seen him around the time of his disappearance, I had no recollection of ever having even seen him in the area at all. His face rang no bells at all, which when I looked into the case later on the linked site surprised me because he lived on Sok San and was obviously active in the area. However, I didn't live there myself and was more of a night visitor to said friend's bar, so that may account for it as I don't think he was so much of a nightbird.

I had, however, previously met one of the parties named on that website but instinctively didn't like her on the first and only meeting, where we actually may have passed a few words but, if so, very few. After that I saw her regularly popping up in the area but made sure there was no reason or possibility of interaction.

An ugly, chilling and case that I would imagine will never be resolved. That website doesn't seem to have any information or updates added for a few years now (unless I'm missing something) but I'm convinced of one thing and that, as ever in Cambodia, there's plenty of people have seen or know enough to provide the answers as to the what, who, when and how but maybe not the why. There's lots of mouths but they won't always speak and there's twice as many eyes but they always see, they miss nothing.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I can't find the link, but there was this Korean/American guy who had been quite successful at electrical contracting and poker. I knew him to say hello to. So anyway he seemed very smooth at first but eventually hooked up with a sketchy chick and somewhere along the way got into meth/ice whatever. Then he fell off a balcony and busted his leg and went to jail. Why did he fall off? Maybe because he had somehow murdered his Vietnamese girlfriend a few days before and hidden her body under the slats of the bed. When the smell got too bad he tried to set it all on fire and hide the evidence but the smoke was too much so he dived off the balcony. He was in jail for a few months but when he got a 10 year sentence he hung himself. What a fucking mess.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:02 am I can't find the link, but there was this Korean/American guy who had been quite successful at electrical contracting and poker. I knew him to say hello to. So anyway he seemed very smooth at first but eventually hooked up with a sketchy chick and somewhere along the way got into meth/ice whatever. Then he fell off a balcony and busted his leg and went to jail. Why did he fall off? Maybe because he had somehow murdered his Vietnamese girlfriend a few days before and hidden her body under the slats of the bed. When the smell got too bad he tried to set it all on fire and hide the evidence but the smoke was too much so he dived off the balcony. He was in jail for a few months but when he got a 10 year sentence he hung himself. What a fucking mess.

Was this the story JB? Eerily similar if not

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/i- ... n-kill-her

https://english.cambodiadaily.com/news/ ... tal-58719/
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's the one.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Another "let's put the corpse under the bed" case:

https://english.cambodiadaily.com/news/ ... enh-49781/
“This is murder, because the victim got killed and the suspect put the body under the bed,” said Phnom Penh municipal penal police chief Eng Sorphea. “Never has a person died under a bed by themselves.”
A guy named Stuart James Green, who fled the scene.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:57 pm Another "let's put the corpse under the bed" case:

“This is murder, because the victim got killed and the suspect put the body under the bed,” said Phnom Penh municipal penal police chief Eng Sorphea. “Never has a person died under a bed by themselves.”
Link no work.

Was this the English guy who later got whacked/suicided?
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:10 pm Happy 2020...

Srey Choppy of Alamo fame.

the US rug corpse (I forgot his name) worthy of note I'm sure.
I know/knew both of them.

... oh the stories I could tell ... but I will not.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Body of a Male Foreigner in a Suitcase - from 2015.
newsworthy/body-male-foreigner-found-su ... tml#p96516
Seems like it was never resolved ? From what I remember it was from the Russian wars in Sihanoukville era.
Warning- may be some dead body photos in spoilers. Like here: newsworthy/body-male-foreigner-found-su ... tml#p96534
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

LaudJohn wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 pm
Mishmash wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:10 pm Happy 2020...

Srey Choppy of Alamo fame.

the US rug corpse (I forgot his name) worthy of note I'm sure.
I know/knew both of them.

... oh the stories I could tell ... but I will not.
Go on, cough up
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Joker Poker wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:27 pm
sigmoid wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:57 pm Another "let's put the corpse under the bed" case:

Link no work.

Was this the English guy who later got whacked/suicided?
That link seems to be working but here's another in which he is identified as being from Eccles UK.

Salford man wanted over murder of woman in Cambodia

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... an-6463511

Yeah, looks like he killed himself after he went on the run.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic