Man Goes Berserk and Attacks Tuktuk After He Says He Was Ripped Off by Driver

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man Goes Berserk and Attacks Tuktuk After He Says He Was Ripped Off by Driver

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cleaned up the last couple of posts as they've degenerated into trading insults and turning this topic into a racism discussion. No need for that on this topic. Please keep it civil going forward and on topic.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Man Goes Berserk and Attacks Tuktuk After He Says He Was Ripped Off by Driver

Post by fax »

If he paid the $3 and then went to get the knife from his home like he claims, why did the driver stick around to wait for the gentleman to bring the big knife and smash his window? You’d think the driver would be in a hurry to leave.

I’m not sure if we have the correct order of events. What came first? A) The pushing, B) The broken window C) The knife

If he had a gun in his home would he bring that out instead to shoot the driver over a $1 overcharge? What is the nationality of the perp? Is he an American war veteran with mental health problems?

Something tells me this didn’t happen:

Driver: Three dollars please
Perp: That is one dollar more than I normally pay
Driver: You are a black dog
Perp: Here take three dollars and wait while I get my knife
Driver: OK
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Apparently he threw the driver's shoes into a nearby bush or something so the driver had to go find them.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

At a guess, I'd say that there is more to this story.
But I'm not into gossip and speculation. of course. 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic