Perth Streets.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Perth Streets.

Post by BR549 »

I really love your photos..i love BW ...i grew up with a stepfather who was a real pro..
He taught me at Mardi Gras 1970 how to use his Nikon 35mm.and .how to use the light meter.
After looking at your photos I reached down from my chair here in Bumfuck KANSAS and grabbed his camera...it is a 1957-59..SP...
Nikon's first professional camera with a built in timer.
The good old days of 35mm..
Not knowing if you got the shot..
I knew he bought it years before he met my mom in 65...i just found it on a nikon website.
It has a slighly bent lens..yikes.
I love photography..
I had a samsung pro digital for 8 years with a great telescoping German lens...it would go out and grab a shot....i broke it stepping in a sink hole as a wave hit me off the coast of puerto rico ..vieques..2015.
My replacement is not up to snuff ...a canon..
Did not have $1,000÷ to replace my broken one.
I have a neat little waterproof Nikon that is fun at the beach..pool.snorkeling..or in the rain at Angkor Wat.
I am not sure how to post pics on here.
Thanks for the pics...you picked a great hobby.
It motivated me tonight to find my Pop's camera and identify the make and approx year..
I am coming home to Siem Reap on the 18th.
I think I will bring it with me...
The Nikon name is on the side...not the middle.
I had to keep going back until I matched it up
Complete with well worn leather case..
Keep taking those pics and working in black and white is so great.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Perth Streets.

Post by newkidontheblock »

BR549 wrote:I am not sure how to post pics on here.
Method 1. Save image on phone. Get the Tapatalk app. In the app select the image icon in the lower right (just above the keyboard). It will then menu down to the photo and auto adjust size for posting.

Method 2. On the computer. Involves saving the image to an image saving website, then putting the photo’s address in the posting. Search on this board for more info.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic