U.S takes on Iran

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: U.S takes on Iran

Post by Doc67 »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:51 pm Image

Not even an original idea
Ever feel like we are all goldfish in a bowl?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I am confused, I thought assassinations were against international law?
How is this different from the Russians using poison to kill people?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

It seems to me the following applies...

When an 'administration' targets and kills someone, that is ok. Especially if he has a big beard, especially a grey one.

When a 'regime' targets and kills someone, that's a grotesque and evil terrorist act.

Hope this helps Richard.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

On September 30, 2011, Al-Awlaki became the first U.S. citizen to be targeted and killed by a U.S. drone strike without the rights of due process being afforded. President Barack Obama ordered the strike. U.S. government officials allege that as well as being a senior recruiter and motivator, he was centrally involved in planning terrorist operations for the Islamist militant group al-Qaeda, but have not released evidence that could support this claim. His son, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki (a 16-year-old U.S. citizen), was killed in a U.S. drone strike two weeks later, on January 29, 2017, al-Awlaki's 8-year-old daughter, Nawar al-Awlaki, was killed in a U.S. commando attack in Yemen that was ordered by President Donald Trump.

Al-Awlaki was born in Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA, his son was born in Denver, Co, USA and his daughter was also born in America. While his children may have not been the intended target of the missions, Al-Awlaki was. In June 2014, a previously classified memorandum issued by the U.S. Department of Justice was released, justifying al-Awlaki's death as a lawful act of war. Some civil liberties advocates have described the incident as "an extrajudicial execution" that breached al-Awlaki's right to due process, including a trial.

The difference between his extrajudicial killing and the ones, Russia, Saudi Arabia and North Kore have done is that as Americans, we hold our country to be a land of rights and law and order. The other countries are barbaric, murdering bastards.

While I do not doubt Al-Awlaki deserved to die for his Al Queda involvement, I believe he had the right to due process.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Yobbo wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:42 pm Things are about to get nasty!
I wish they coulda made the bassturd suffer ....
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow, Anthony's post was spot on and i wanted to give him a +1
BUT it says i cant cause he is "....a banned user"
WTF?

Still cant see why the US can kill and gt away with it but nobody else can
I am glad i am from America but i am not always glad i am an Amerikan

“Hey, you know something people?
I'm not black
But there's a whole lots a times
I wish I could say I'm not white”

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

pissontheroof wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:32 am I wish they coulda made the bassturd suffer ....
The prickly demeanour common to the region might easily be associated with whatever is hiding beneath the wrap-around Laura Ashley blackout curtains, that passes for a spouse.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I hope we can all agree, whatever our political persuasions, that this is a step in the wrong direction. Mark my words if you like.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic