New PIZZA OVEN for sale. Made in Italy. LPG (gas) powered for sale in Phnom Penh.

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: New PIZZA OVEN for sale. Made in Italy. LPG (gas) powered for sale in Phnom Penh.

Post by BR549 »

By the way, I learned from great pizza makers and I crank out my own pizzas whenever I feel like it in Siem Reap in my oven I bought in Sihanoukville.
I would love that ADORE unit...
I prefer lots of toppings..I make my own Italian sausage..I love Kalamata olives on pizza, sauteed mushroom medley with shallots and garlic. I make my own sauce..I use a lot of extra virgin olive oil.
I buy mozzarella ...sorry not fresh...either at Lee frozen foods or Psar Angkor and I love a few dollops of Roquefort on the shroom pizza.
Finding the right flour is NOT always a given.
I just make the dough in the morning or day before.
I do my best ...not selling it..
I just knew some incredible Chefs and learned from all of them.
It would be nice to have a unit that could produce at the volume the ADORE would.
My comment about wood fired was simply the truth about Naples. In a practical production in Cambodia LPG is perfect.
I am sitting here in Kansas at my place where I have groves of hickory. We smoke meat with hickory.
No point in even fucking with BBQ in Cambodia in my opinion ..But, I did try 2 guys who did their best and it was a valiant attempt.
Counting down the days to be back.
I missed my annual Christmas Ribeye with Yorkshire pudding and will have to do it January 25th.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
Fitz
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: New PIZZA OVEN for sale. Made in Italy. LPG (gas) powered for sale in Phnom Penh.

Post by Fitz »

Ah OK. Yes, fair enough. Gas =/= Pizza Napolitano. Not that the client would be able to taste the difference.

I like my pizzas with few ingredients. Love the ones at Romanos' on 19. Walnuts, salmon, white pizzas, proper expensive ingredients. Pretty sensational stuff. If I did business with this oven I would serve them folded, wrapped up in waxed paper, from a cart or a tuk tuk. Or copy Katy Perry's setup, but follow Italian doctrine more than they do.

I always feel a bit uneasy about having wood fired pizza in Cambodia, because of the lack of forest. Those guys that create an "environmentally friendly" biomass briquette from coconut husk http://www.sgfe-cambodia.com/products/ might have a good thing going. Not only do they employ people, they also keep the streets free from some litter.The product contains a little more humidity and has a little less caloric value than coal, so I guess it would be ideal for ovens.

I believe it will be sold very soon. Got a couple of meets lined up for when I arrive in the country.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

I worked in LA when Wolfgang Puck was doing great business with his smoked salmon ..truffle.. white pizzas and I must agree LPG is the way to go..
It is a great unit.
I would love to have it for my house I am moving into in February.
I think a person could pump out some excellent calzones..pizzas..you name it and have success.
I would like to have it just for my own use.
Some lucky person is going to snatch it up..no doubt.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

BR549 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:37 am I worked in LA when Wolfgang Puck was doing great business with his smoked salmon ..truffle.. white pizzas and I must agree LPG is the way to go..
It is a great unit.
I would love to have it for my house I am moving into in February.
I think a person could pump out some excellent calzones..pizzas..you name it and have success.
I would like to have it just for my own use.
Some lucky person is going to snatch it up..no doubt.

Food cooked that has smoke from the LPG flame does not sound very tasty to me. My DNA from my ancestors says to hell with the forests , give me a wood fire every time.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

It will blow the back doors off your kitchen with all that heat coming out of the open front, especially if it is operational for any length of time.

Looks like an outdoor unit only, especially if you don't have excellent ventilation and CO monitors.

I am not sure a Barang could try to replicate Katy Perys as the rule on street food vending might block that. Unless you got some locals to do the grunt work and you just handled the cash.

Anyway, great little product and a terrific punch-up between the OP and Frizze77, 15 minutes well spent.

Who knew that the Buy and Sell section could be so exciting?
Fitz
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Fitz »

BR549 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:37 am I worked in LA when Wolfgang Puck was doing great business with his smoked salmon ..truffle.. white pizzas and I must agree LPG is the way to go..
Gawd damn I'm hungry. As soon as I get back to the Pig Penh, I'm off to Romanos' , 3 days in a row or so. The staff is lovely too, guess that's why they aren't single.

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am It will blow the back doors off your kitchen with all that heat coming out of the open front, especially if it is operational for any length of time.
Ah yes. Definitely outdoors or in a seriously well ventilated area. Otherwise, if you run it at full speed, the next time your neighbours would see your suffocated self would be when you melt through the floor 3 days later.
Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am I am not sure a Barang could try to replicate Katy Perys as the rule on street food vending might block that. Unless you got some locals to do the grunt work and you just handled the cash.
At least a couple of barang are selling stuff on Riverside and 178, but I guess the tolerance for businesses like that decreases when the level of success goes up.

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am and a terrific punch-up between the OP and Frizze77, 15 minutes well spent.
Thank you. I aim to please.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Fitz wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:56 am
Gawd damn I'm hungry. As soon as I get back to the Pig Penh, I'm off to Romanos' , 3 days in a row or so. The staff is lovely too, guess that's why they aren't single.

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am It will blow the back doors off your kitchen with all that heat coming out of the open front, especially if it is operational for any length of time.
Ah yes. Definitely outdoors or in a seriously well ventilated area. Otherwise, if you run it at full speed, the next time your neighbours would see your suffocated self would be when you melt through the floor 3 days later.
Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am I am not sure a Barang could try to replicate Katy Perys as the rule on street food vending might block that. Unless you got some locals to do the grunt work and you just handled the cash.
At least a couple of barang are selling stuff on Riverside and 178, but I guess the tolerance for businesses like that decreases when the level of success goes up.

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am and a terrific punch-up between the OP and Frizze77, 15 minutes well spent.
Thank you. I aim to please.
How very true...
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

Definitely would put it outside and use it like Khmer people I know whose kitchens are wood and charcoal and need ventilation. I had a similar setup in the 80s in Port Antonio, Jamaica. Out door no window kitchen.
I do agree with the wood fired flavor..but LPG is the way to go in Cambodia.
Like in Texas USA you use mesquite..here in Kansas and other midwest states we use hickory because it is plentiful for smoking meats.
For a restaurateur to avoid that no barang cart law you would need a locale that allowed you to fire that baby up under a roof but outside...fairly common.
I assume you can control the temperature and could do a variety of things with it.
My electric oven has been a good investsment and it does the trick for my baking needs. But, after nearly 3 years I feel it will crap out anytime.
Plus, after working with gas in professional kitchens and now using propane for my 2 burner unit.. I sure would love to have a propane oven.
But, the wood way is wonderful.
Mallman, a famous Argentine Chef wrote a book called 7 Fires..where he illustrated 7 ways to cook over a wood burning fire in Argentina.
Siete Fuegos in the original Spanish.
I learned so much about Parrilla in Argentina.
My Pop was a bad ass with hickory and he came back from Argentina in 1967 and was astonished at the methods of the people of Argentina.
I was lucky enough to live and learn there over 5 years.
I see bundles of wood..along the roads in Siem Reap.I have watched my wife's brothers cook with long branches they just keep feeding into the box under the giant woks they are cooking in.
It is awesome to learn cooking techniques.
That gas pizza oven has possibilities.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic