Short Trip to Korea

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Short Trip to Korea

Post by yong »

The day before leaving Seoul, our last day went to a porridge restaurant for brunch.

Very crowded

Simple menu

Chicken porridge, fantastic. Nice to have a not bowl of porridge when its was so cold.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

So it was our last evening in Korea on Sunday reflecting on the past 6 days what we did as can be seen in my posts were - shopping, eating, travelling in Seoul and Busan, visiting a few tourist places like the temple in Busan and fish market.

What I was not able to post are (1) we went to do Korean spa known as jjimjilbang and also went for (2) facial treatment at AHC.

Jjimjilbang is quite an experience - first was 20mins onsen or steam room or sauna ; followed with 30mins body scrub with a very rough material I think was a towel ; finally an hour of oil massage. Was a great experience and highly recommended.

Please take note that Google map is useless in Korea this is something I am very angry with because it is so inconveniet. People tell you to use Korean maps like KakaoMap and Naver Map its not easy as your spelling and arrangement of words has to be spot-on. This is a real let down and I am very upset about this. Basically this sums up my first trip to Korea.

Last dinner Terra is my favourite beer

Pork knuckles

Hot pot

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

As mentioned this was my first visit to Korea and so my first visit to tis Asiana Staralliance lounge in Incheon airport

I like the design as its spacious

Breakfast

Very nice socho
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Finally on the way back on 29th for the new year

Prawn salad

Glad to have Thai food, pretty bored with Korean food after so many days there

Omelette