I love Cambodia!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: I love Cambodia!

Post by Kuroneko »

hunter8 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:37 pm
Duncan wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:55 pm
Spoiler:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
I have wondered for a long time about your signature. Care to explain what you mean there? I feel like there is a depth I have not reached yet. Do I even need to? Is it for everyone? I am eager to learn more.
Ask Joel Brinkley :D
“Be careful because Cambodia is the most dangerous place you will ever visit. You will fall in love with it, and eventually it will break your heart.”
― Joel Brinkley, Cambodia's Curse: The Modern History of a Troubled Land
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Breaking my heart is ok, doesn’t sound very dangerous. For some men it’s the only way to know they have a heart hehe. Personally I would only worry about broken bones.
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

My signature is not significant. ~ is a wave if you must know.
~
~
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kuroneko wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 am
hunter8 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:37 pm
Duncan wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:55 pm
Spoiler:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
I have wondered for a long time about your signature. Care to explain what you mean there? I feel like there is a depth I have not reached yet. Do I even need to? Is it for everyone? I am eager to learn more.
Ask Joel Brinkley :D
“Be careful because Cambodia is the most dangerous place you will ever visit. You will fall in love with it, and eventually it will break your heart.”
― Joel Brinkley, Cambodia's Curse: The Modern History of a Troubled Land
He's dead though and although it's a good quote his book was one of the worst I've ever read about Cambodia. The first line was totally inaccurate and it didn't get any better after that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

:crazy: senechal or whatever your name is, it is a long story and a deep subject for shallow minds
~
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic