KTV Manager Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Re: KTV Manager Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Sihanoukville

Post by Isaanbarang »

pczz wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 am
Isaanbarang wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:34 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:52 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:59 am
pczz wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:55 am We should not be surprised. Drugs change hands where young people go for entertainment whether its in a nightclub in New York or London, or a music festival. Cambodia is no different
I think you are right with the statement, but there could be more cause for the sellers, and a easy trap to fall into if the person is desperate and needs money.
We see it over and over again on CEOCambodiaNews and for what we know it could be a fraction of what goes on. They also seem to be low time dealers, police in our home countries would have relentless interrogation interviews with a suspect to find out the source, how it came to be in the hands of that person. Looking at this one, it's one bag, not so many little ones we would see with the other photos of dealers. What would a price be on that bag of crazy crap, and money of 215,000 riels, that's about $53 it doesn't seem worth it. But looking at the photo, and she looks high, sure it wasn't only for personal use.
Depends on your home country. In mine police are far too busy chasing speeding tickets. In fact according to the government figures less than 50% of reported crime is investigated, and when my house was robbed the police told me to go ask the neighbors if they saw anything. I had a lot of contact with our police because I worked with a legal firm. To be honest they couldn't give a stuff. Mosty of them seem to be on something anyway!
Most of them seem to be on something anyway! Are you suggesting most UK police officers are using illegal drugs? The definition of most is the greatest number.
For clarification I was referring to most of the ones I had contact with in a professional capacity, not most of the police force in general as I try to avoid inreraction with them. mnay officrs have an alcohol problem and are not adverse to the odd spliff. Police policy at one point was to reserve police officer vacancise for retunring military vets who also have a higher than average mental issues due to trauma related to service service. There is somethign seriously wrong when police drive arrested persons in a black maria up and down streets with bumps when they are not on the way to the station
So when they send a cop to your door they make sure he is high or a drunk. What utter bullshit. And driving over speed bumps, the cops do it because they are high?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:35 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:59 am
I think you are right with the statement, but there could be more cause for the sellers, and a easy trap to fall into if the person is desperate and needs money.
We see it over and over again on CEOCambodiaNews and for what we know it could be a fraction of what goes on. They also seem to be low time dealers, police in our home countries would have relentless interrogation interviews with a suspect to find out the source, how it came to be in the hands of that person. Looking at this one, it's one bag, not so many little ones we would see with the other photos of dealers. What would a price be on that bag of crazy crap, and money of 215,000 riels, that's about $53 it doesn't seem worth it. But looking at the photo, and she looks high, sure it wasn't only for personal use.
Depends on your home country. In mine police are far too busy chasing speeding tickets. In fact according to the government figures less than 50% of reported crime is investigated, and when my house was robbed the police told me to go ask the neighbors if they saw anything. I had a lot of contact with our police because I worked with a legal firm. To be honest they couldn't give a stuff. Mosty of them seem to be on something anyway!
Most of them seem to be on something anyway! Are you suggesting most UK police officers are using illegal drugs? The definition of most is the greatest number.
For clarification I was referring to most of the ones I had contact with in a professional capacity, not most of the police force in general as I try to avoid inreraction with them. mnay officrs have an alcohol problem and are not adverse to the odd spliff. Police policy at one point was to reserve police officer vacancise for retunring military vets who also have a higher than average mental issues due to trauma related to service service. There is somethign seriously wrong when police drive arrested persons in a black maria up and down streets with bumps when they are not on the way to the station
So when they send a cop to your door they make sure he is high or a drunk. What utter bullshit. And driving over speed bumps, the cops do it because they are high?
Where did I say anything about the police being high?
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

pczz wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:35 pm
Mosty of the seem to be on something,
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:13 pm

That something includes medicine for mental issues and alcohol, not necessarily or exclusively illicit drugs "mnay officrs have an alcohol problem and are not adverse to the odd spliff. Police policy at one point was to reserve police officer vacancise for retunring military vets who also have a higher than average mental issues due to trauma related to service service." WHen you are unfortunate or forunate enough to have close contact with the british police as a victim you wil, understand exactly what i mean
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

pczz wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:22 pm
Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:13 pm
That something includes medicine for mental issues and alcohol, not necessarily or exclusively illicit drugs "mnay officrs have an alcohol problem and are not adverse to the odd spliff. Police policy at one point was to reserve police officer vacancise for retunring military vets who also have a higher than average mental issues due to trauma related to service service." WHen you are unfortunate or forunate enough to have close contact with the british police as a victim you wil, understand exactly what i mean
Pray tell what medicine is given for alcohol? " the odd spliff " I assume you are referring to the devil's weed which is an illegal drug in the UK. " "Police policy at one point was to reserve police officer vacancise for retunring military vets who also have a higher than average mental issues due to trauma related to service service." I am positive the vetting process to become a police officer would include determining if a military vet suffers from mental issues related to their "service service" for their nation. How is it possible to be fortunate to be a victim? What do you propose the reward for "service service" for your nation, being stigmatized as having a higher likelihood of mental issues? To me, it is only right that able-bodied veterans be given the first opportunity at civil service jobs. Those that return with disabilities deserve our respect, gratitude and proper care and rehabilitation, not generalized and unsubstantiated slurs. Isaanbarang is correct, "mosty of them seem to be on something" is an unwarranted and repugnant statement not based on fact but on the very narrow experience of a single individual.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

:dm: Umm, all very interesting, but what does it have to do with a KTV woman in Sihanoukville selling ice ? :?
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big'n »

What he said

:assasin:
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

I apologize for replying to a posters rant about Marijuana and the state of the police in the UK. Some will use any platform to further their views. I must learn not to fall for their traps. Up to him, anyone who is not him is wrong and evil.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

No more off topic posts please or the topic gets locked. If members want to discuss UK police and drugs or whatever start a new topic. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic