KTV Manager Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

KTV Manager Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Sihanoukville): On December 28,2019, a 33-year-old woman, Lay Sreyleak, a KTV manager, was arrested for drug trafficking at Chamkar Dong guesthouse in Somrong Krom village, Prey Nup district, Sihanoukville.

The police confiscated a packet of the drug, two phones, 215,000 riels, and a Zoomer X motorbike. The suspect was sent to the police station to follow the legal action.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: KTV Manager Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Sihanoukville

Post by pczz »

We should not be surprised. Drugs change hands where young people go for entertainment whether its in a nightclub in New York or London, or a music festival. Cambodia is no different
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

pczz wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:55 am We should not be surprised. Drugs change hands where young people go for entertainment whether its in a nightclub in New York or London, or a music festival. Cambodia is no different
I think you are right with the statement, but there could be more cause for the sellers, and a easy trap to fall into if the person is desperate and needs money.
We see it over and over again on CEOCambodiaNews and for what we know it could be a fraction of what goes on. They also seem to be low time dealers, police in our home countries would have relentless interrogation interviews with a suspect to find out the source, how it came to be in the hands of that person. Looking at this one, it's one bag, not so many little ones we would see with the other photos of dealers. What would a price be on that bag of crazy crap, and money of 215,000 riels, that's about $53 it doesn't seem worth it. But looking at the photo, and she looks high, sure it wasn't only for personal use.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

That would be similar to asking the extraordinary courts to prosecute all the Khmer Rouge for the atrocities committed.

Logical questions are often asked by members of CEO, but the answers are often complicated and never reported.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

Even more disturbing to see some expat with a dime bag of weed being deported plastered across the universe.
I am concerned about the chinese tea kilos of ice being found. That is big money. It is enough to poison many souls.
In the USA they have confiscated enough fentanyl to kill millions of people. china is making that shit and shipping it to the cartels in mexico to bring across the porous border.
When you can make a hard drug instead of extract it from a plant it sure makes the process easier.
These small busts are typical.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:59 am
pczz wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:55 am We should not be surprised. Drugs change hands where young people go for entertainment whether its in a nightclub in New York or London, or a music festival. Cambodia is no different
I think you are right with the statement, but there could be more cause for the sellers, and a easy trap to fall into if the person is desperate and needs money.
We see it over and over again on CEOCambodiaNews and for what we know it could be a fraction of what goes on. They also seem to be low time dealers, police in our home countries would have relentless interrogation interviews with a suspect to find out the source, how it came to be in the hands of that person. Looking at this one, it's one bag, not so many little ones we would see with the other photos of dealers. What would a price be on that bag of crazy crap, and money of 215,000 riels, that's about $53 it doesn't seem worth it. But looking at the photo, and she looks high, sure it wasn't only for personal use.
Depends on your home country. In mine police are far too busy chasing speeding tickets. In fact according to the government figures less than 50% of reported crime is investigated, and when my house was robbed the police told me to go ask the neighbors if they saw anything. I had a lot of contact with our police because I worked with a legal firm. To be honest they couldn't give a stuff. Mosty of them seem to be on something anyway!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

pczz wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:52 am
Depends on your home country. In mine police are far too busy chasing speeding tickets. In fact according to the government figures less than 50% of reported crime is investigated, and when my house was robbed the police told me to go ask the neighbors if they saw anything. I had a lot of contact with our police because I worked with a legal firm. To be honest they couldn't give a stuff. Mosty of them seem to be on something anyway!
If your talking of the country of what you are holding the flag with your avatar at the side of your page I would say of the 50% of crime reported is nonsense or that of petty that does not warrant investigations, its only that of government bickering's that produces such percentages, backbench nobodies with the will to upset any balance just to have voice and still counted, one could say rightly they are the criminal for receiving ample payments for what they don't do for the countries people, but still it costs the people dearly one way or another. but here, I myself bicker with the political legal rights what we call the correct way of what our country votes upon, the so called peoples choice. Lowering the numbers of local policing because the year before crime rates were not rated has high as the year previously, but unfortunately they unpredicted the following years growth in criminal activities because of a fall in employment or increase in immigration, who can get the balance correct alone on estimations. Policing is worked on what matters to be of importance, more so when the force is limited in its workload and manpower. Serious crime must come first, petty crime will be on a back burner being too much expense made to the new lower budget. In one respect like your unfortunate predicament, if you are insured you have not totally lost, only the offender has got away for now, he may reoffend and be caught at a later date.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Most of them seem to be on something anyway! Are you suggesting most UK police officers are using illegal drugs? The definition of most is the greatest number.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Isaanbarang wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:34 pm
Most of them seem to be on something anyway! Are you suggesting most UK police officers are using illegal drugs? The definition of most is the greatest number.
I would say that none are on any illegal drugs whatsoever, if that was so they would not be on the police force for very long, so all their hard work and commitment to become that police officer and uphold the law for the British public would have all been a waste of time.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Isaanbarang wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:34 pm
For clarification I was referring to most of the ones I had contact with in a professional capacity, not most of the police force in general as I try to avoid inreraction with them. mnay officrs have an alcohol problem and are not adverse to the odd spliff. Police policy at one point was to reserve police officer vacancise for retunring military vets who also have a higher than average mental issues due to trauma related to service service. There is somethign seriously wrong when police drive arrested persons in a black maria up and down streets with bumps when they are not on the way to the station
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic