Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hello,

This is kind of urgent since I am returning to Cambodia tomorrow. I have only two blank pages left in my passport. Will I have trouble getting a visa at the border?

There is still plenty of space on other pages for stamps. It's just that for complete, blank pages I have only two.

If anyone knows about this please let me know. (Seems like a small issue but prefer not to have any hassle.)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by John Bingham »

It's not an issue if you have 2 blank pages left but you'll have to get a new passport soon.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I think there will be no problem entering Cambodia as long as your passport is valid for more than six months and you have enough pages for an entry visa. Once you enter Cambodia, you will have one page left for a visa extension. Better apply for a new passport or a page extension asap at your embassy once you get here.
This is only my opinion, but since you arrive tomorrow, just get into the country and sort it out from there.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Thanks Anchor Moy and John Bingham for your replies. Am planning to get a new passport soon.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

When you leave the country you are in, and any countries you pass through enroute, try to get them to put the exit/entry stamps in a blank space on a previous page.
It helps if you have a suitable page bookmarked ready for them to use. Preferably not too far back from the vacant pages.
That will keep your two pages clear when you arrive.
One stamp on a vacant page will mean it cannot be used for a Kh visa or extension.

I often do this anyway, particularly in the 2nd half of my passport. You can save lots of pages if you can get them to stamp "efficiently".
Never a problem if you ask nicely - but if you don't, they often just stamp the first fully empty page.
good luck, you should be right
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Yes, thanks, I have been doing this for months now. I was shocked with UAE immigration ruined a whole page, even though there was so much space in other places.

The only time it is hard is in the group buses where the bus staff collect your passports. I have to try to get the staff to ask not to put the stamp in the wrong place. A bit tricky.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Also, one more thing. I have only $100 bills in cash. I do not have exact change for the visa. Will it be a problem to get change? (I used to read some countries they said you should have exact change for visa on arrival. Maybe it was Myanmar, but not sure if this applies to Cambodia as well.)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Cambodian Immigration policy is that you require a minimum of 3 blank pages in your passport in order to apply for Visa on Arrival, although this usually isn't an issue unless they don't like the look of you/colour of your skin.

It's always best to have the exact change for your VOA, but change is given (slowly)...make sure you check your VOA and change in front of the Immigration officers before walking away from the VOA counter.

You're not a very well prepared traveller are you :stir: :lol:
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:18 pm Hello,

This is kind of urgent since I am returning to Cambodia tomorrow. I have only two blank pages left in my passport. Will I have trouble getting a visa at the border?

There is still plenty of space on other pages for stamps. It's just that for complete, blank pages I have only two.

If anyone knows about this please let me know. (Seems like a small issue but prefer not to have any hassle.)
I had a similar issue . I think was 2017. The year they had the election ? I had to renew my visa and the woman who usually does it said they couldnt do it because not enough pages. Honestly, i dont remember but think i had 2 pages left. However the days landed, I was screwed because she told me ihad to make an appointment w/ the US embassy and they were closed afew days and obv each passing day was 5 or 10 bucks. My friend suggested to do what he did. He used a steamer and they "fell off" . I was too uncomfortable to do myself so I went by his house and did what we did.

I then went to a different agency . Somewhere on Riverside.I think near street 130. I kept the visas that " fell off" just in case but it worked. I got a new passport when I returned to NY
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:12 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:18 pm Hello,

I had a similar issue . I think was 2017. The year they had the election ? I had to renew my visa and the woman who usually does it said they couldnt do it because not enough pages. Honestly, i dont remember but think i had 2 pages left. However the days landed, I was screwed because she told me ihad to make an appointment w/ the US embassy and they were closed afew days and obv each passing day was 5 or 10 bucks. My friend suggested to do what he did. He used a steamer and they "fell off" . I was too uncomfortable to do myself so I went by his house and did what we did.

I then went to a different agency . Somewhere on Riverside.I think near street 130. I kept the visas that " fell off" just in case but it worked. I got a new passport when I returned to NY
legally that is defacing ur passport> I've had a few Cambodian visas "fall "off the pages , trouble is they all have red stamp that goes across the bottom right corner of the visa onto the page from the Chef of visa
I took to stabling in the Cambodian visas, even when they fell off, nobody would stamp on that page. Past few years they seem to use a stronger glue
....I used to read some countries they said you should have exact change for visa on arrival. Maybe it was Myanmar,
There are NO tourist VOA's for Burma
I have only two blank pages left in my passport. Will I have trouble getting a visa at the border?

Usually when they give you a full page visa they place the entry stamp on the page opposite the visa. SO ur going to need ask them with a smile to please stamp another page for ya.
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic