How safe is vaping?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: How safe is vaping?

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I honestly find the more pretentious people the ones that hark on about vapers being pretentious, 99.9999999999999999999% of the vapers I've encountered just smoke it occasionally like they would a cigarette and that's that, it's the normal smokers that are coming with all the questions and asking to try etc.

BUT WHERES THE FUN IN NOT POINTING OUT ELECTRONIC SMOKING IS FOR KIDS, POOFS AND WOMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: If Ya wanna smoke, smoke.

Post by pczz »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:19 pm The biggest danger may be that it will turn the smokee into a pretentious prat. Similar to those elegant smoking sticks of old, so that everyone in the vicinity has the chance of experiencing the smoke, and the foul cigarette is kept at a distance from the culprit.
An FO I flew with used to make exaggerated efforts with flailing arms, and dramatic movements when getting his 'device' from his case, and sparking up.

I just bit my lip, and avoiding telling him he looked like a twat. And the sickly sweet odours! If they had made me puke, I would have ensured it was all over him.

I find it strange. Like vegetarians making something that looks and smells like meat. If you want to eat meat, eat meat. if you don't. don't. If you want to smoke, smoke. Just not here...
Ahh, they sound just like the people who tell you how safe pot is while blowing it into your fave for fun :stir:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

People in the west have been smoking tobacco since Sir Walter Raleigh set up his plantations in Ulster. It's become apparent after centuries of smoking this plant that it might not always be beneficial. Meanwhile a few people start smoking vapers and are already dying after just a few puffs. I think we need a longer study on this topic, stretched over a few decades. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:04 am However, as a lifelong smoker who thinks about giving up some day, that is about the only way that I could imagine working for me. Banning vaping may protect the kids, but it would remove a very useful tool for adult smokers to reduce or give up cigarettes.
I smoked for 10 years, was a pack a day and more if drinking. The cold turkey is a challenge but that is the route I went, first few weeks are really rough. After a few months no problem. My favorite thing was using an app that tracks how much you have progressed (you are 5% less likely to die of lung cancer, you are 50% less likely to have heart failure, you have saved $XX, etc...). They had about 10-15 of those that went up every day. Plus I had a boatload of gum and was brushing my teeth 5 times a day.

Also, no getting on the piss for a few months. If I was drinking no way I could stop.

I have friends who vape, never tried it. Not really noticeable since they aren't doing it that frequently.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

they recently solved the mystery of deaths and illness from vaping. it is caused by fake products. as long as you are getting a genuine product its as safe as any form of smoking. watch out for counterfeit weed products in particular
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

The Science
Centre for Desease Control Confirms a THC Additive, Vitamin E Acetate, Is The Culprit In Most Vaping Deaths.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... aping-deat

What We Know
- CDC and FDA recommend that people should not use THC-containing e-cigarette, or vaping, products, particularly from informal sources like friends, family, or in-person or online sellers.
- Vitamin E acetate should not be added to e-cigarette, or vaping, products. Additionally, people should not add any other substances not intended by the manufacturer to products, including products purchased through retail establishments.
- While it appears that vitamin E acetate is associated with EVALI, there are many different substances and product sources that are being investigated, and there may be more than one cause. Therefore, the best way for people to ensure that they are not at risk while the investigation continues is to consider refraining from the use of all e-cigarette, or vaping, products.
- Adults using e-cigarettes or vaping products as an alternative to cigarettes should not go back to smoking; they should weigh all available information and consider utilizing FDA-approved cessation medicationsexternal icon. They should contact their healthcare provider if they need help quitting tobacco products, including e-cigarettes.
- Adults who continue to use an e-cigarette, or vaping, product should carefully monitor themselves for symptoms and see a healthcare provider immediately if they develop symptoms like those reported in this outbreak.
What We Don't Know
While it appears that vitamin E acetate is associated with EVALI, there are many different substances and product sources that are being investigated, and there may be more than one cause.
https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_infor ... sease.html

Nb; EVALI stands for e-cigarette or vaping product use-associated lung injury
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:43 am The Science
Centre for Desease Control Confirms a THC Additive, Vitamin E Acetate, Is The Culprit In Most Vaping Deaths.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... aping-deat

What We Know
- CDC and FDA recommend that people should not use THC-containing e-cigarette, or vaping, products, particularly from informal sources like friends, family, or in-person or online sellers.
- Vitamin E acetate should not be added to e-cigarette, or vaping, products. Additionally, people should not add any other substances not intended by the manufacturer to products, including products purchased through retail establishments.
- While it appears that vitamin E acetate is associated with EVALI, there are many different substances and product sources that are being investigated, and there may be more than one cause. Therefore, the best way for people to ensure that they are not at risk while the investigation continues is to consider refraining from the use of all e-cigarette, or vaping, products.
- Adults using e-cigarettes or vaping products as an alternative to cigarettes should not go back to smoking; they should weigh all available information and consider utilizing FDA-approved cessation medicationsexternal icon. They should contact their healthcare provider if they need help quitting tobacco products, including e-cigarettes.
- Adults who continue to use an e-cigarette, or vaping, product should carefully monitor themselves for symptoms and see a healthcare provider immediately if they develop symptoms like those reported in this outbreak.
What We Don't Know
While it appears that vitamin E acetate is associated with EVALI, there are many different substances and product sources that are being investigated, and there may be more than one cause.
https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_infor ... sease.html
Nb; EVALI stands for e-cigarette or vaping product use-associated lung injury

Breaking..
Early studies indicate there is some co-relationship between vaping and masturbation.
It seems vaping does not cause wanking - but wankers are more likely to vape.
however that seems to apply mostly to the younger cohort of of flavoured tobacco vapers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic