Petri dishes

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Petri dishes

Post by xandreu »

I'm not expecting much of a response from this but you never know...

I have a teacher friend who teaches science and is trying to get hold of some Petri dishes. Even her Khmer collegues don't know where to buy them.

Has anyone here ever come across them anywhere or have any suggestions where she might at least try to look?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Petri dishes

Post by Ghostwriter »

There is a side of the Olympic market filled with medecine items (rolling chairs, inox tools, glass tools, various machines. Not the market itself but an external street tangent to it. You will find them there.

And Happy Christmas
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

Bangkok. Any Suksapan store. I buy them there. 3.5cm sterile plastic. 10 baht ea. Basically 3 for $1. Cheap enough to throw away after use. They are small and light and hundreds fit into the 7kg Air Asia luggage limit. Depending on how many you want to buy, it could be a viable option.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Maybe my bad, is it on Orussey or Olympic market, now i'm doubting.
It s on 2 adjacent street of the Orussey market i think, north west corner / side of it.

Already 18 month i left, so maybe someone else knows better ?
Anyway it did not move. The area is focused to it, medical shops side to side.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

xandreu wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:48 pm I'm not expecting much of a response from this but you never know...

I have a teacher friend who teaches science and is trying to get hold of some Petri dishes. Even her Khmer collegues don't know where to buy them.

Has anyone here ever come across them anywhere or have any suggestions where she might at least try to look?
I might be wrong but try Orussey more than Olympic.
North west corner of it, adjacent street. Maybe str 166, but someone else probably knows better.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

You're thinking of Olympic, just West of Moha Montrei Pagoda.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's Olympic, around the 284/ 173 and nearby.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Some of those medical supplies are pretty crap so check a few shops to find best quality.For serious use you could go to Pasteur clinic or Paramed lab, they are rated as the best palces for blood tests and so on and thye may be able to point you at a better quality supply
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well Petri dishes are only small glass plates, so less margin for counterfeit on theses. Would'nt bet my life on a dialysis equipment though.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Have you checked with any of these Phnom Penh medical laboratory suppliers?

Cambodia Scientific Co., LTD.
No reviews · Medical equipment supplier
Samdech Monireth Blvd (217)
Open ⋅ Closes 5:30PM · +855 67 669 966
WEBSITE
DIRECTIONS
MEDICOM CO.,Ltd

(1) · Medical supply store
#2A Downtown No.7 St.Phum Kork Chombork, Chamchao quarter, Pursenchey District
Open ⋅ Closes 12PM · +855 12 947 977
WEBSITE
DIRECTIONS