Do you know a barber or stylist who speaks the English?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: Do you know a barber or stylist who speaks the English?

Post by jovial fucher »

Arget wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:23 am The old saying that there is only 2 weeks between a good and bad haircut should apply.

Me I get a number two mowing and shave near the wat ounalom every month.
I know the phrase and for me it's usually about 4 days, but the 2 dollar guy runs his clippers with a number one up my sides and then uses thinning shears to 'finish it off', leaving me with a bulk of hair on top and some fucking preppy-boy overhang where he doesn't blend.

When I read the story about the American guy who shot his son's barber my imagination went for a ride! :D
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There's a place been recommended by several expats on FB called '7Barber&MSS', I have not tried them so cannot recommend based on experience, looks too much like a hipster barbers for my liking.

House#46, St.240.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Equinix wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:09 am Just thought of a place you could try.

It's located next to Sun & Moon.

I believe the owner is British and his boyfriend runs a salon in the daytime.

Space Hair Salon and Bar
House #66, Street 136, Phnom Penh
016 916 263
https://maps.app.goo.gl/cqAVZmTyKDEJms3YA
The owner of Space is Sopheap who is khmer and also the hair dresser. His boyfriend is spanish . Anyway enough splitting hairs, as equinix says he is very good and speaks great english.

It is a never ending quest to find a decent one. Tokyo guys know how to do about 2 styles and never can cut the top well.

I use this guy now, very good - who i see is the same as psd-kiwi recommends
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/589151/an- ... rber-shop/
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

angkorjohn2 wrote:

Space Hair Salon and Bar
016 916 263
The owner of Space is Sopheap who is khmer and also the hair dresser. His boyfriend is spanish . Anyway enough splitting hairs, as equinix says he is very good and speaks great english.

It is a never ending quest to find a decent one. Tokyo guys know how to do about 2 styles and never can cut the top well.

Ah. Last time I went there was years ago...

At​ the time there was a brittish gay guy running the place with his BF. Maybe new management or maybe they lied to me..

=)
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Equinix wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:08 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote:

Space Hair Salon and Bar
016 916 263

Ah. Last time I went there was years ago...

At​ the time there was a brittish gay guy running the place with his BF. Maybe new management or maybe they lied to me..

=)
Sopheap may have had an English partner before i dont know. But he founded space 7+ years back and has been with his spanish partner over 5 years.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

'Khmer Barber' on Norodom super close to independence monument. Ask for Sophy. He speaks the English and is a good barber :thumb:
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

After looking at their shop online, it looks like Space is the place. The best chefs are men and the best stylists are nelly queens. Thanks!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:15 am There's a place been recommended by several expats on FB called '7Barber&MSS', I have not tried them so cannot recommend based on experience, looks too much like a hipster barbers for my liking.

House#46, St.240.
I might give this place a try.

Though I'm worried that it'd be similar to Tokyo Barber, all style and no substance........they get the look of the place just right........ the barbers / attendants dressed and quaffed in their matching uniforms, looking 'saart' for the Facebook page......

...........but when it comes to 'substance' or any kind of real barbering skill, honed from experience.......severely lacking.
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Canada

Post by phnompenhsteve »

Haha this is Cambodia. You should try a little harder to be able to communicate with him/her.

jovial fucher wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:13 am Somehow the 2 dollar guy who speaks English can't get his hands to do what his ears are hearing; he doesn't fucking pay attention! :facepalm:

If his price was 5 or 10 dollars, I wouldn't care as long as he gave me the cut I want. /end rant

Do you know of a barber or stylist who speaks English and takes pride in their work? Gay, straight, man, woman, I don't care, as long as they can communicate and give me the cut I want.

TIA
NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

You don't own a smartphone? Anyway, since they have existed, I show them a photo of the cut I want. Never have to speak a word. Never had a bad haircut. Also I pay 5000 reil. What's this $5 mumbo jumbo?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic