Steak Houses Coming to Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Steak Houses Coming to Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

KT Restaurant in foreign push
published : 23 Dec 2019 at 04:30
writer: Pitsinee Jitpleecheep
KT Restaurant Co, the operator of Santa Fe steakhouses, is set to beef up its overseas expansion next year, notably in Asean.

Chaiphat Pirawattanakorn, the company's vice-president for marketing, said a local franchisee, Sopheavorn Investment Co, had a grand opening of the second Santa Fe restaurant in Phnom Penh at Chip Mong Noro Mall last week. The first branch in Phnom Penh received good feedback from customers.

Santa Fe started its overseas expansion via the franchise system last year.

"Expansion into Cambodia is very promising, as the steak restaurant business has less competition there," Mr Chaiphat said. "The lifestyle of Cambodians has changed rapidly over the past few years. Several restaurant operators, both Thai and international chains, have established a presence there, and most of them are very successful."

Because Santa Fe is a young operator in Cambodia, the company will focus on building brand awareness among Cambodians.

"Though there are many international restaurants there, we are confident about competing in the market because we have a flat organisation that allows us to become flexible in business management and swiftly adjust our strategy," Mr Chaiphat said.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1822069/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Steak Houses Coming to Cambodia

Post by BR549 »

I doubt anyone would head to New Mexico in search of a great steak. I wonder where their beef actually comes from?
It may be a great franchise and I wish them luck.
I was stuck at the Shanghai airport a few weeks ago and stumbled upon a place called The Butcher's Block...out of Hong Kong.
It was superb...
I had their signature burger and wanted to try everything on the menu.
I have been buying New Zealand beef in Cambodia for 3 years. It is pretty good.
From my experience, the food cost of a steakhouse is high and it is hard to be profitable without some lower food cost menu items.
I guess I need to try and find their menu.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

BR549 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am I doubt anyone would head to New Mexico in search of a great steak. I wonder where their beef actually comes from?
It may be a great franchise and I wish them luck.
I was stuck at the Shanghai airport a few weeks ago and stumbled upon a place called The Butcher's Block...out of Hong Kong.
It was superb...
I had their signature burger and wanted to try everything on the menu.
I have been buying New Zealand beef in Cambodia for 3 years. It is pretty good.
From my experience, the food cost of a steakhouse is high and it is hard to be profitable without some lower food cost menu items.
I guess I need to try and find their menu.

a $2 steak, you get exactly what you pay for
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I have eaten in the one here in Phuket a few times.
for the price its not a bad deal, but dont go expecting a great steak for 159 baht
The pork chop above is not bad and you cant beat the price :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

They have a branch near calmette, price is very good and a good place to take out of towners and kids for a cheap meal but as mentioned is not a classic steakhouse in the traditional sense we would know it Pork and chicken are good steak just cheap cambodian beef but it is clean and staff friendly
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:20 am KT Restaurant in foreign push

"Expansion into Cambodia is very promising, as the steak restaurant business has less competition there," Mr Chaiphat said. "
I would have thought there was plenty of of competition here as there are "wall to wall" places offering good steaks in Phnom Penh. For Example: Khema Pasteur, Bistrot Langka, Chez Gaston, Bouchon wine bar, La Provence, Le Saint Georges, Oskar Bistro Phnom Penh, Au Marche, Open Wine Restaurant, Topaz, Le Deli Bistro Gourmet, La Residence, Armand's - The Bistro.

There are also appear to be plenty of other steak houses, in Phnom Penh. Trip advisor lists about 21. I am not sure how current the reviews are as they include Stone Grill which is now defunct. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... _Penh.html
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Kuroneko wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:48 pm

"Expansion into Cambodia is very promising, as the steak restaurant business has less competition there," Mr Chaiphat said. "
I would have thought there was plenty of of competition here as there are "wall to wall" places offering good steaks in Phnom Penh. For Example: Khema Pasteur, Bistrot Langka, Chez Gaston, Bouchon wine bar, La Provence, Le Saint Georges, Oskar Bistro Phnom Penh, Au Marche, Open Wine Restaurant, Topaz, Le Deli Bistro Gourmet, La Residence, Armand's - The Bistro.

There are also appear to be plenty of other steak houses, in Phnom Penh. Trip advisor lists about 21. I am not sure how current the reviews are as they include Stone Grill which is now defunct. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... _Penh.html
Metro does a good steak.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Kuroneko wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:48 pm

As mentioned this place does not do good steaks, budget steaks yes
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Kuroneko wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:48 pm I am not sure how current the reviews are as they include Stone Grill which is now defunct.
It moved just up the road to Eden Garden. :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

Yes, I looked at their website and it is obvious that Santa Fe is not a steakhouse in any way shape or form. Their steak picture had tator tots on the plate.
The train symbol refers to the Santa Fe railroad I suppose.
I cannot believe people go to such places.
Of course, I was in shock in Thailand as I watched people put ketchup on their pizza.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic