Superstition Surrounds Apsara Artefacts

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Superstition Surrounds Apsara Artefacts

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

December 20, 2019
Ancient vases handed over to Apsara Authority

Villagers in Siem Reap province on Wednesday handed over two ancient pieces of pottery they had unearthed while clearing land for cultivation in 2011 and last year to Apsara Authority.

According to a statement issued on Wednesday, two villagers decided to hand the vases to the Apsara Authority because they felt that the items were possessed with spirits.

Nga Chanthou, chief of Run Ta Ek Eco village, said that he discovered an ancient vase in 2011when his uncle was ploughing the field behind Banteay Srei temple in Banteay Srei district.

Mr Chantha said that he picked up the vase and stored in his house but later he threw it into a bunch of the bamboo trees nearby his house.

He said that since then he felt possessed by the spirit and made him sleep unwell.

“Sometimes, I heard someone speaking from outside the house, and sometimes I felt that someone knocked on the door and when I opened the door, I saw no one,” Mr Chantha said. “Because strange things happened several times, we decided to donate ancient vases to Apsara Authority because it is a safe and suitable place for ancient items.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50671913/a ... -authority
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram